Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Do You Wear Team Logo Apparel?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!
View Poll Results: Wear Logo’d Apparel?
No never, wouldn’t even think of it
57.14%
I only fly my own racing teams colors
16.33%
Enjoy logo’d apparel and makes me feel more racy
2.04%
Some times
15.31%
I mix and match logo’d and non-logo’d
11.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Wear Team Logo Apparel?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-22, 12:51 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3956 Post(s)
Liked 7,304 Times in 2,949 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
Your analogy is weird.....Removing vehicle logos would decrease the value of that vehicle if you ever have to sell it or trade it in for another vehicle. Vehicle brand is also the main selling point and why certain people choose a particular brand...Some vehicle brands also possess a " snob appeal " and that's the main reason why certain people buy them.
"De-badging" cars doesn't decrease their value. Many high performance cars allow you to order them without any badges or identifiers.
Old 03-05-22, 12:53 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3956 Post(s)
Liked 7,304 Times in 2,949 Posts
Originally Posted by mschwett
as i said, i choose clothing without prominent logos. my preference would be for none, which is sometimes possible and sometimes not.

there is a big difference between having a giant logo on your shirt, which is attached to your body and implies a certain affinity (that i personally don’t feel) and a subtle word, logo, etc on a vehicle.

but to answer your question, i would likely also not buy a bike that had really over the top branding, no matter how much affinity i had for the brand. it’s ugly.
In summary:
Cycling shoes: logos OK
Bikes: some logos OK
Vehicles: logos OK
Cycling clothes: logos not OK

What about hats?
Old 03-05-22, 01:12 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2326 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
I don't mind certain brands of logos on my clothing, in fact I like some logos. I just avoid cycling specific brands and cycling logos...I actually removed logos from all of my bikes, my bikes are no name brand.
That must have been a pain with most good bikes have any branding under the clearcoat.
Old 03-05-22, 01:18 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Originally Posted by Nachoman
No. Sorry. Not accusing you of lying. It just sounds like such a terrible idea, especially if wearing underwear while cycling in cotton cargo shorts.
Right, I can't easily think of any fabric worse than cotton when working out. But to each their own.....
Old 03-05-22, 01:29 PM
wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
That must have been a pain with most good bikes have any branding under the clearcoat.
My Rocky Mountain MTB had decals over the clear coat which I managed to remove with some effort...My Surly 1X1 frame I just sprayed some black paint over the logos to hide them...My KHS fixie didn't have any clear coat over the paint.
Old 03-05-22, 06:04 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,871 Times in 3,015 Posts
Originally Posted by mschwett
as i said, i choose clothing without prominent logos. my preference would be for none, which is sometimes possible and sometimes not.

there is a big difference between having a giant logo on your shirt, which is attached to your body and implies a certain affinity (that i personally don’t feel) and a subtle word, logo, etc on a vehicle.

but to answer your question, i would likely also not buy a bike that had really over the top branding, no matter how much affinity i had for the brand. it’s ugly.
I generally prefer discreet brand logos, but I don't have a problem wearing brand logos of quality clothing I like. For example I wouldn't dream of removing those little Assos badges they put on their bibs. The basic problem with generic non-branded clothing is that it's usually of poor (or at least indeterminate) quality. I do tend to avoid gear with massive overstated logos though. I really like brands like 7mesh where their branding is very subtle and the quality is outstanding.
Old 03-05-22, 06:28 PM
jamesdak 

Originally Posted by Rolla
Most, but not all. My Surly, Sycip, and WTP all have decals on top of the clearcoat. I'd say they're good bikes.
?? Since "most" is not all wouldn't it be "not all"? Sorry, I always love how people whip that phase out.

Seriously though, hadn't heard of SYCIP and checked out their site. Looks like they make some nice rides!
Old 03-05-22, 08:11 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
?? Since "most" is not all wouldn't it be "not all"? Sorry, I always love how people whip that phase out.

Seriously though, hadn't heard of SYCIP and checked out their site. Looks like they make some nice rides!
Just emphasizing that decals under the clearcoat has nothing whatsoever to do with whether a bike is "good." And yes, Jeremy Sycip makes some damn fine bikes.
Old 03-05-22, 08:45 PM
jamesdak 

Originally Posted by Rolla
Just emphasizing that decals under the clearcoat has nothing whatsoever to do with whether a bike is "good." And yes, Jeremy Sycip makes some damn fine bikes.
Well in the spirit of this whole thread of arguing about silly stuff I'll argue......

Oh what the heck, who cares.
Old 03-06-22, 02:24 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Well in the spirit of this whole thread of arguing about silly stuff I'll argue......

Oh what the heck, who cares.

People should cease and desist from any phrasing that includes or contains a redundancy.
Likes For livedarklions: