Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Any demand for old Yakima rook racks?

Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-24, 11:56 AM
EricOnHisBike

Bikes: 1995? Diamondback Apex, 2000 Specialized Allez Elite, 2021 Giant Revolt 2

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

I have a roof rack that is the old Yakima 48" round bar "Y-clip" and "Y-tower" system.
I used this in the 80s and 90s on a number of cars and so have multiple sets of y-clips for different vehicles.
It's made up of:
  • Yakima 48" round bars
  • Yakima Y-towers
  • Various Y-clips
  • Yakima SST stretch kit (for use on coupe or other short-roofed car)
  • Yakima bike holders (3) (these are remove your front wheel & work with QR, not thru-axle)
  • Thule bike holder (works with Thule square bars or Yakima round)
  • Yakima wheel holders
  • Yakima fairinig
  • Yakima ski holder
  • Various locksets for the above
I'm looking to donate all of it, I don't want any money. The thing is, it's old. One of the used rack places says they'll take it and let their recycle guy come and get it, so I think it wouldn't end up in landfill, anyway.
I'd be happy to transport it to anywhere reasonable close to the Seattle area. No, I will not ship it to you in exchange for a check that is several hundred dollars more than the shipping and that can only be cashed by a Nigerian prince.
Likes For EricOnHisBike:
Old 05-05-24, 07:22 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Liked 550 Times in 301 Posts
There's a co-op where I live that takes in older bikes and fixes them up and sells them. They give away a lot of bikes to the needy and help people fix their own bikes. They'd easily take and resell your Yakima racks. Maybe there's a co-op near you?
Bikeworks
The Bikery
Bike Shack

Last edited by mtnbud; 05-05-24 at 07:30 PM.
Likes For mtnbud: