Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Tri forum activity

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Tri forum activity

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-24, 08:09 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked 803 Times in 427 Posts
Tri forum activity

I just want to say that the all of this recent discussion in the TRIATHLON forum is nice to see. Thanks. Before now, this forum on the BFs only got sparse activity. I’m not active in any tri-specific forum websites, and it’s been more than six years since I’ve been able to participate in an actual tri. This forum is a nice place to “keep my toes in the water.” I think I’ve probably aged up two age groups since my last race. Before that, I was doing five or six sprints/Olys every summer since the late 1980s. In 2018 I had hip replacement surgery, and then knee replacement in October 2023. Running was pretty much out of the question. Fortunately, I have still been able to swim and cycle without any issues all along (Getting out of the saddle on the bike wasn’t possible due to the knee pain. But otherwise, pedaling wasn’t painful.). The recovery from my recent knee replacement is pretty much complete. I got back on the bike within a few days after that surgery. I’m back to my usual distances, and speed, and am actually able to pedal out of the saddle without any knee pain. I’m actually jogging a bit once a week now too (with my Dr’s advice)…no more than an easy 3-5 miles once or twice per week. I won’t ever be doing any longer race. But I am considering lining up for a sprint or two this summer. — Dan

Last edited by _ForceD_; 05-08-24 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-07-24, 10:55 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 316 Posts
It is nice to see some activity here.

I'm not far behind you on the mileage situation. Arthritis in my hips and both knees. I can still do this stuff but after I do IMAZ in November, I think I'm pretty much done with all long courses. Will probably switch to aquabike with a few sprints here and there. 54 now and I made a promise to myself that, barring any catastrophic injuries, I would do at least 3 sprints a year until 60.