Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

"I've got downtube shifters..." T-shirt Cyclofiend

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-24, 09:40 PM
GCBM

Bikes: Primary bike - late 70's gold ALAN Competition; mostly Campy with Huret Jubilee deraiileurs;When I joined that was my primary. Now back to my 1979/80 Shogun 600 since I can change everything and not feel like I'm committing sacrilege...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 115 Posts

Cyclofiend T-shirt
I( ran into this t-shirt design following a link from Disraeligears to a site by "Cyclofiend." It appears it stopped being edited around 2012 or so. I'm not on all the social media (okay, any of the social media) so the references on the site to those sites are useless to me. But maybe those of you who are more immersed in C&V culture know more about whether Cyclofiend as a web entity still exists... and whether this design in particular is still available because I love it! Even if you can identify the designer then I could ask to use/pay to use for Owayo or Jackroo or Primal or... one of too many of the design-your-own sites to get me one!

I have nothing against new - not one of those guys. In fact, if I wasn't so cheap and could work on all the new stuff I might buy one. Ummmm, okay probably not, the "weight" of my steel which my buddies overestimate is their best explanation for my not getting to the top of that crest as quickly as some (as opposed to that luscious ham and cheese croissant most mornings... but I digress). In any case, I hope Cyclofiend is still with us, and would love to get one of these t-shirts... XL, if you have one and want something from all the things I'm posting photos of in my Charlie's Shed thread.
Likes For GCBM:
Old 05-13-24, 02:54 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2971 Post(s)
Liked 3,077 Times in 1,564 Posts

Way back around 2010 I had to explain to one of the pilots in my reserve unit what downtube shifter were OY!

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 05-18-24, 09:40 AM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked 2,445 Times in 911 Posts
”reach-down switchers”
Likes For thinktubes:
Old 05-23-24, 10:54 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 179 Post(s)
Quoted: 5933 Post(s)
Liked 3,617 Times in 2,146 Posts
You posted this in the C&V valuation forum. So the value of this shirt is, well, priceless.

Last edited by bikemig; 06-10-24 at 06:59 PM.
Likes For bikemig:
Old 06-10-24, 04:56 PM
GCBM

Bikes: Primary bike - late 70's gold ALAN Competition; mostly Campy with Huret Jubilee deraiileurs;When I joined that was my primary. Now back to my 1979/80 Shogun 600 since I can change everything and not feel like I'm committing sacrilege...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 285 Times in 115 Posts
My apologies, lol... I must have had multiple pages open on my screen and posted here by mistake. Ig=f you hadn't mentioned I never would have known. Thank you kindly
Old 06-10-24, 05:29 PM
ThermionicScott 
working on my sandal tan

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers), All-City Space Horse (hers)

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 3873 Post(s)
Liked 2,576 Times in 1,583 Posts
Looks like he's still active on Instagram, for what it's worth.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Likes For ThermionicScott: