Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Show us your Canyon....PLEASE

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Show us your Canyon....PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-23, 08:07 AM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
Originally Posted by Charliekeet
Super looking stuff. I'm sure there'll be many more!
Cheez is of course also a satisfied Canyon owner...
I realize this is kind of a strange way to bump a thread, but I saw in one of his recent videos Cheez got rid of his Canyon bike.... By throwing it in the river! A friend told him to do so.
Old 02-10-23, 08:32 AM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Bikes: Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8, Canyon Pathlite 7

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Eds0123
Did anyone was charged with purchade Tax while buying these bikes? and which State ate you in please? I couldn't find this info on their web site.
Thanks
It is based on the state you live in, not Canyon policy. If you pay sales tax in your state, you'll likely pay sales tax when you order from Canyon. In NJ, we pay 6.625% sales tax, and I had to pay that tax on both of my Canyon bikes.

Originally Posted by Reflector Guy
I realize this is kind of a strange way to bump a thread...
Agreed.
Old 03-04-23, 07:29 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zsid
I would love to post an image but I have 2 issues. I am required to post 10 times before I can upload images.

The other issues is that I don’t have a canyon bike. I wanted the Grand Canyon 5 in 2020 but Canyon did not sell the bike in the US back then, so I settled with my current Trek Marlin. I don’t think canyon is as good of a value as it used to be due to the recent price hikes in the last few years.
Did you catch the $599 sale for a Grand Canyon, last week?
Old 03-04-23, 07:31 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

CP0008 Cockpit

After a long wait, my CP0008 finally arrived… love the look and feel!

Old 05-23-24, 07:07 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Need Advice: Trying to buy a Canyon Roadlite CF 9

I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I am in NJ, USA, and want to buy a new Canyon Roadlite CF 9 (preferably LTD). Here is a link for reference.

Canyon Roadlite CF 9 LTD

Believe it or not, Canyon will not sell the bike to me in the US. They sell this bike everywhere else in the world EXCEPT the United States. I talked to Canyon USA, Canyon Canada, and Canyon Germany, and they all tell me the same thing... NO.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could feasibly buy this bike? I don't want something different... I truly believe this is the bike for me. If you think you see something similar in another brand, let me know, but then I'll tell you why I like the Canyon better. The only thing I don't like about the Canyon is how their management is not willing to cut red tape to sell bikes.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions or information!
Old 05-24-24, 04:36 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4646 Post(s)
Liked 5,180 Times in 3,201 Posts
Originally Posted by mflacche
I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I am in NJ, USA, and want to buy a new Canyon Roadlite CF 9 (preferably LTD). Here is a link for reference.

Canyon Roadlite CF 9 LTD

Believe it or not, Canyon will not sell the bike to me in the US. They sell this bike everywhere else in the world EXCEPT the United States. I talked to Canyon USA, Canyon Canada, and Canyon Germany, and they all tell me the same thing... NO.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could feasibly buy this bike? I don't want something different... I truly believe this is the bike for me. If you think you see something similar in another brand, let me know, but then I'll tell you why I like the Canyon better. The only thing I don't like about the Canyon is how their management is not willing to cut red tape to sell bikes.

They clearly don’t sell enough of these in the US for Canyon US to consider stocking them. I see only a couple of very low end spec versions on the US site. If Canyon are not prepared to ship one from another country then your only option is if you have a trusted friend in another country who could buy it and ship it for you. But that will be expensive and you would probably get hit by import tax. Warranty would be hard too.
Old 05-24-24, 02:29 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3663 Post(s)
Liked 3,105 Times in 1,873 Posts
Am I really the first one?

Likes For smd4:
Old 05-24-24, 02:36 PM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by smd4
Am I really the first one?

But is it yours?
Old 05-24-24, 03:07 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 442 Posts
Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could feasibly buy this bike?
I wouldn't bother because getting support and parts will be a headache at least as equal to the ordeal of buying the bike itself. But someone I rode with recently said there are services in Europe where you can order stuff such as Canyon bikes and have them shipped to the US. He was telling me this when talking about how some Canyons are significantly cheaper when bought in the EU. I imagine there must be something like that for Canada as well; I know there are services doing the reverse since many products are cheaper/more available in the US.
Old 05-24-24, 03:10 PM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1816 Post(s)
Liked 1,347 Times in 782 Posts
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road-bi...rahmenfarbe=GY
Old 05-24-24, 03:11 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by surak
I wouldn't bother because getting support and parts will be a headache at least as equal to the ordeal of buying the bike itself. But someone I rode with recently said there are services in Europe where you can order stuff such as Canyon bikes and have them shipped to the US. He was telling me this when talking about how some Canyons are significantly cheaper when bought in the EU. I imagine there must be something like that for Canada as well; I know there are services doing the reverse since many products are cheaper/more available in the US.
Do you have any information about a European service that would do that? Canyon sells this bike in most countries around the world, except the US. So if you could lead me in the right direction, any European country would be great.
Old 05-24-24, 04:55 PM
PeteHski

I think you are right about Canada. I once bought some skis online in the US and there was a service available to pick them up on the Canadian border. So I would imagine there is a similar service in the other direction. I don’t know the name of the service provider because a Canadian friend of mine arranged it. But he told me this was quite a well known thing. I did have to pay import duty, so bear that in mind too.
Old 05-27-24, 02:26 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts

Canyon Roadlite CF 9 LTD

I don't follow this thread closely but I guess I should. I feel your pain about not getting any help from Canyon here or at the mothership in Germany. My wife and I simply love our Roadlites and couldn't think about not having them to ride on a daily basis. They currently have about 35K miles on them and still look great. A few scratches here and there however. The only thing replacements so far have been a few sets of tires and one set of brake pads. That said when we were looking for a similar ride but in a bike that could be exposed to the elements for long periods of time (as during our RV travels) we stumbled upon the Litespeed CHEROHALA CITY. They are handmade here in the USA and will work with you to create a special bike that only you have. After two seasons of RV travels over 15K miles of travel on the back of our motorhome and about 7K miles of trail riding that appear still as new. And in fact get more comments than our Roadlites. Take a look at the thread I have about them here https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bi...wneastter.html
Old 05-27-24, 03:02 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DowneasTTer
I don't follow this thread closely but I guess I should. I feel your pain about not getting any help from Canyon here or at the mothership in Germany. My wife and I simply love our Roadlites and couldn't think about not having them to ride on a daily basis. They currently have about 35K miles on them and still look great. A few scratches here and there however. The only thing replacements so far have been a few sets of tires and one set of brake pads. That said when we were looking for a similar ride but in a bike that could be exposed to the elements for long periods of time (as during our RV travels) we stumbled upon the Litespeed CHEROHALA CITY. They are handmade here in the USA and will work with you to create a special bike that only you have. After two seasons of RV travels over 15K miles of travel on the back of our motorhome and about 7K miles of trail riding that appear still as new. And in fact get more comments than our Roadlites. Take a look at the thread I have about them here https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bi...wneastter.html
I appreciate your advice and pics. I know the Litespeed is a nice USA-made titanium bike, but it just doesn't do it for my like the Canyon Roadlite CF 9 LTD. There are at least a half a dozen features on the Roadlite CF 9 LTD that I'm not seeing on the Litespeed bikes (or any other brands for that matter), let alone the price difference.

I can get a Canadian company to buy the Canyon for me and forward it to me, but it looks like it would cost an additional $1000 USD.

At this point I'm actually fine not buying anything. If Canyon never offers anything like the Roadlite I want in the US, then I just won't buy a bike. I have 3 bikes already; I'll just ride one of them.
Old 06-10-24, 07:30 PM
mflacche
Enthusiast

I made the risky move of having a Canadian friend buy the Canyon Roadlite I want so badly. Once he receives it, he will then ship it to me in the US. If the bike makes it to me in new condition, it will be a miracle!