Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Deltek ?? Please Help Identify This Japanese-Made Cruiser

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-24, 10:45 AM
H2Rick

Bikes: 1981 Schwinn (Panasonic) Le Tour Tourist 10 speed, 1972? Hiawatha 10 Speed, 1981 Schwinn (Giant) World Tourist w/Shimano FF System, 1984 Miyata 710, 1971 Schwinn Super Sport (refurb in progress)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

My buddy has found another weird and wonderful vintage cruiser bike. I'm hoping someone on the board is familiar with this bike.
No serial number yet but he's still looking. Any suggestions/directions/help would be appreciated. Here are 3 pics and as you can see
from 2 of the pics, it's got cottered cranks so it SHOULD be earlier than about 1977 or so, IIRC.

Old 05-24-24, 11:24 AM
Arrowana
Bike Sorceress

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 74 Posts
The Lark SS derailleur suggests early to mid 70's. https://www.disraeligears.co.uk/site...leur_d210.html

It's not a high end bike, but it certainly has style. Getting it to stop well might be a challenge, I'd start with new pads, and consider upgrading to compressionless brake housing. If further improvement is needed, a new front wheel with an aluminum rim will make a noticeable difference, though I'd check the front hub spacing out before grabbing the wheel, as a bike like this might have spacing more narrow than the standard 100mm.
Old 05-24-24, 11:30 AM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 4,113 Times in 1,986 Posts
Lower end bike (crimped stays, claw derailleur hanger, steel components) Looks like it was made by a Mini-bike company "Deltek". They had great graphics!

Old 05-24-24, 12:30 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 419 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3884 Post(s)
Liked 3,502 Times in 2,276 Posts
-----

serial placement and format could reveal identity of vendor

could be checked with the "asian serial number database" here at the forum

should be able to get not only identity but date of manufacture as well

possible you may also discover date marking on portion of stem inside steerer and portion of saddle pillar inside seat tube

backside of crank arms may exhibit marking

Shimano did not begin a detailed date marking of their products until 1976

earlier years may be marked with a single letter of the alphabet with the letter Y believed to indicate 1974

-----

Last edited by juvela; 05-24-24 at 01:46 PM. Reason: addition
Old 05-24-24, 05:40 PM
H2Rick

Bikes: 1981 Schwinn (Panasonic) Le Tour Tourist 10 speed, 1972? Hiawatha 10 Speed, 1981 Schwinn (Giant) World Tourist w/Shimano FF System, 1984 Miyata 710, 1971 Schwinn Super Sport (refurb in progress)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Thanks for all the info, folks. I'll get on my buddy to search out the serial number.
Old 05-25-24, 06:32 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2978 Post(s)
Liked 3,091 Times in 1,575 Posts
My guess would be something from a auto parts or hardware chain like our Wester Auto or True Value or Menards.

With lots of elbow grease it will be a cool cruiser

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk