Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Best S.F. Bay Area Bike Swap?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Best S.F. Bay Area Bike Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-24, 12:05 AM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Liked 1,339 Times in 891 Posts
Looking forward to Fairfax.

Today's Napa swap had good live music all day, and some great deals on a huge variety of equipment. Had to literally run to an ATM for a bit more cash!

Got to hang with Curbtender, also shopped and enjoyed jaw time at Piff's booth as well.
Likes For dddd:
Old 05-06-24, 10:26 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Liked 1,137 Times in 840 Posts
Okay this is NOT an SF Bayarea location, but based on the hype it sure might be epic (in PDX)...here's a link and possibly some hype therein (copied from the CR list):

<https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...743496707.html>
ADDRESS: 3354 SE 8th, Portland Oregon 97202
TIME: 11:30AM to 3PM Rain or shine! Huge car port
DATE: Saturday, May 11th
(There will be an early bird line that's usually long, we may close a bit
early if its died by 2)
Likes For unworthy1:
Old 05-06-24, 11:16 PM
Piff 

Liked 763 Times in 415 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
Looking forward to Fairfax.

Today's Napa swap had good live music all day, and some great deals on a huge variety of equipment. Had to literally run to an ATM for a bit more cash!

Got to hang with Curbtender, also shopped and enjoyed jaw time at Piff's booth as well.
Indeed, good times at Napa Was nice to meet face to face!

Best haul for me was a front wheel with a SON28 'klassik' hub in pretty good condition, plus front/rear dynamo lights. I'm now planning on getting some cheap 2nd hand rims and putting together a wheelset for that Nishiki touring bike I was taking about. The original plan was to use the 27" wheels it came with...but the dynamo hub has kicked this build into high gear!
Old 05-23-24, 05:23 PM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Liked 303 Times in 100 Posts
Marin on 6/1!

Bump reminder for the Marin Swap meet on 6/1:

https://mmbhof.org/shop/event-ticket...y-cycles-swap/

I plan on bringing a few interesting bikes to sell at reasonable prices. Herse, Wizard, De Rosa perhaps?

Also, a couple of us are helping out a local Forum member who needs to sell his collection. We'll probably be bringing at least 10 of his bikes and they will definitely be priced to sell!

His bikes, and mine, are generally in the 57-60 range.

Hope to see you there (please stop by and say hello/introduce yourself if you're there)!
Bob
Old 05-30-24, 10:25 AM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Liked 1,137 Times in 840 Posts
I heard thru the grapevine there's a bike swapmeet the day AFTER the big kahuna in Fairfax ^^, to take place on June 2 (Sunday) in the Golden Gate Park Panhandle...but no other details.
Not sure of exact location (but the PH isn't so very big so shouldn't be hard to find a swap), and most importantly NO idea about sign-up or deets on selling there.

Anybody here have more info?

It's coming up fast for any of us who might want to set up and sell
Old 05-30-24, 02:49 PM
nathand

Bikes: 2018 Jamis Renegade Exploit, 1996 Trek 930, mid-90's Dean El Diente, 2010 Scott Addict SL, 1998 Trek 730, Xtracycle EdgeRunner 30D, Xtracycle Swoop, 1992 Trek 790

Liked 116 Times in 69 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
I heard thru the grapevine there's a bike swapmeet the day AFTER the big kahuna in Fairfax ^^, to take place on June 2 (Sunday) in the Golden Gate Park Panhandle...but no other details.
Not sure of exact location (but the PH isn't so very big so shouldn't be hard to find a swap), and most importantly NO idea about sign-up or deets on selling there.

Some internet searching found this which looks like the swap to which you're referring; not much additional detail though
I don't know if it's the same event, but about a couple months ago - maybe a year - I was riding through Golden Gate Park on a weekend and came across an informal bike swap at the eastern end of the Panhandle, set up around the statue. Seemed very loosely organized, bunch of cyclists with parts spread out on blankets.
Likes For nathand:
Old 05-30-24, 07:51 PM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Originally Posted by bibliobob
Bump reminder for the Marin Swap meet on 6/1:

https://mmbhof.org/shop/event-ticket...y-cycles-swap/

I plan on bringing a few interesting bikes to sell at reasonable prices. Herse, Wizard, De Rosa perhaps?

Also, a couple of us are helping out a local Forum member who needs to sell his collection. We'll probably be bringing at least 10 of his bikes and they will definitely be priced to sell!

His bikes, and mine, are generally in the 57-60 range.

Hope to see you there (please stop by and say hello/introduce yourself if you're there)!
Bob
Here are four the list member's bikes that we will be bringing. There will be at least six additional as well. They will be priced to sell. Come by and work out a deal with us!

For reference, the Raleigh measures 58 x 57 and the Rauler (gorgeous!) measures 60 x 58 (all center to center).

Happy to measure the other two...

Last edited by bibliobob; 05-30-24 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-30-24, 07:55 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Liked 2,780 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1

Asked a local and they said SpaceAge bags and a guy who does a magazine are sponsoring that but probably without a permit. He expects it will be messengers and track racers unloading stuff.
https://www.******.com/r/BAbike/comm...are/?rdt=44646

Likes For curbtender:
Old 05-30-24, 11:26 PM
bibliobob

Originally Posted by bibliobob
Here are four the list member's bikes that we will be bringing. There will be at least six additional as well. They will be priced to sell. Come by and work out a deal with us!

For reference, the Raleigh measures 58 x 57 and the Rauler (gorgeous!) measures 60 x 58 (all center to center).

Happy to measure the other two...
Additional bikes for lineup on Saturday:

Here are the bikes.
I don’t have full measurements of the last 3.

'78 Masi GC, 59x57
Eddy Merckx Century, 58x57
Smolinski 59x57
Bianchi 59
Trek 720
Motobecane Grand Jubilee 63cm
Old 06-01-24, 04:58 PM
curbtender

Bikes: Miyata 618 GT, Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina, Miyata team Ti, Santa Cruz Highball

Liked 2,780 Times in 1,288 Posts
Great weather...Brent was a happy guy.

Likes For curbtender:
Old 06-01-24, 08:40 PM
bibliobob

Originally Posted by curbtender
Great weather...Brent was a happy guy
Was great to see you today, curbtender , obrentharris , gaucho777, and verktyg ! I'm sure that I'm missing a lot of others as well.

Likes For bibliobob: