Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Experience with pudendall nerve damage? consequences, results, riding outcome?

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Experience with pudendall nerve damage? consequences, results, riding outcome?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-24, 09:38 PM
missinglink

Bikes: 2013 Marin Redwood - 2015 Specialized Allez Sport

Liked 185 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha
A guy who posted here a year or two ago self-diagnosed, plausibly enough, and saw a few docs before someone got suspicious and ordered a MRI of his pelvis. It showed a big old mass compressing the lumbosacral plexus. Hope he's okay.
This sounds an awful lot like what I went through.

Started off dealing with pudendal nerve irritation/pain. That would have been 2022.

Eventually went to a physical therapist who became suspicious and had me get an CT scan just to check. That led to the discovery of a tumor tucked way up under my outer pelvic bone. It was roughly the size of a hens egg.
Cancer doc said it had probably been there for quite a while. Asked if my left leg ever felt weak, etc.
He said it couldn't be reached easily for removal or with radiation.

Had six chemo treatments a month apart. The last one was February of this year. The tumor has shrunk to just a speck left according to my last MRI. The doc is satisfied with that, and I am too.
Recovery from each chemo is tough. Just about the time you start feeling somewhat normal, it's time for the next one.

I still have pudendal nerve irritation btw, but have just learned to deal with it.

Last edited by missinglink; 06-21-24 at 09:42 PM.
Likes For missinglink:
Old 06-22-24, 04:40 AM
MoAlpha
dot dash

Bikes: Shmikes

Liked 6,169 Times in 3,321 Posts
Originally Posted by missinglink
This sounds an awful lot like what I went through.

Started off dealing with pudendal nerve irritation/pain. That would have been 2022.

Eventually went to a physical therapist who became suspicious and had me get an CT scan just to check. That led to the discovery of a tumor tucked way up under my outer pelvic bone. It was roughly the size of a hens egg.
Cancer doc said it had probably been there for quite a while. Asked if my left leg ever felt weak, etc.
He said it couldn't be reached easily for removal or with radiation.

Had six chemo treatments a month apart. The last one was February of this year. The tumor has shrunk to just a speck left according to my last MRI. The doc is satisfied with that, and I am too.
Recovery from each chemo is tough. Just about the time you start feeling somewhat normal, it's time for the next one.

I still have pudendal nerve irritation btw, but have just learned to deal with it.
I’m sure you’re the guy I was referring to. Glad things are okay.