Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

SRAM Eagle flat top connector w/KMC chain?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

SRAM Eagle flat top connector w/KMC chain?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-24, 09:25 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Liked 579 Times in 468 Posts
I just enjoy your referring to the multi-colored one as oil slick. It fits. I'll have to remember that reference when referring to similar colored parts. I just looked for the term on OED as an adjective, none, only as noun. You're a trailblazer.
Old 05-24-24, 11:49 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4657 Post(s)
Liked 1,800 Times in 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by Duragrouch
I just enjoy your referring to the multi-colored one as oil slick. It fits. I'll have to remember that reference when referring to similar colored parts. I just looked for the term on OED as an adjective, none, only as noun. You're a trailblazer.
You should google "oilslick chain" sometime.

rosefarts Thanks for trying that out. I'm surprised you could get it to latch - I wonder if a new link or new chain would have closed.
Old 05-25-24, 12:23 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Liked 579 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact
You should google "oilslick chain" sometime.

rosefarts Thanks for trying that out. I'm surprised you could get it to latch - I wonder if a new link or new chain would have closed.
I did now, thank you. I hadn't recalled seeing that term on amazon a couple years ago when I was perusing parts deep for my bike rebuild, though did see cassettes colored like that.
Old 05-26-24, 03:00 PM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 667 Times in 377 Posts
Originally Posted by Duragrouch
Oil slick is a thing. Hubs and spokes among other parts are showing up.
Old 05-26-24, 09:54 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 525 Posts
Originally Posted by Kontact

The chain I tried it on was the extra links taken off a brand new chain, so literally never ever been used. As new as it gets. The Rival link had about 200 miles from a short lived Campy Ekar + Archer Trail experiment that I wished I liked more than I did.

So pretty new stuff, not old discarded chains.