Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Cargo build

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Cargo build

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-24, 02:11 AM
Jordanjw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by guy153
Never had the nipple wedged like that, but sometimes they do fall in and get stuck between the two "skins". You have to shake the rim around until they fall out of the spoke hole eventually.

Spoking a wheel isn't too hard if you have another one to copy, but it's much easier if you follow one of the guides. The Sheldon Brown one is very good.

thank you for the info especially the card trick worked beautiful, so good that i can now feel my back wheel isnt true also did use another wheel to reference but i had a general idea of the 3 spoke anyway

update on the bike; not done much more as my wheel was buckled spent the rest of the day thursday getting it spoked and then most of friday getting it true alongwith keeping the spokes taught

managed to get the wheel on & cut the steering tube was also waiting for a delivery of rims etc for front wheels - still not here but apparently their ready to pickup from a collection point

cut using plasma cutter, very messy from the cutting as it was 10mm combined thickness - also had a potential break in on Thursday night along with graffiti on adjacent property so had to secure back door which took me away from the bike
Likes For Jordanjw:
Old 05-19-24, 11:31 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,802 Times in 2,593 Posts
Sorry about your wheel. I always wanted to try the technique where the mechanic beats the wheel back into shape. Haven't tacoed a wheel recently though.

Where is the crank going on that bike? I'm a little confused by your last picture, did one of your welds crack?
Old 05-19-24, 10:47 PM
Jordanjw

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
Sorry about your wheel. I always wanted to try the technique where the mechanic beats the wheel back into shape. Haven't tacoed a wheel recently though.

Where is the crank going on that bike? I'm a little confused by your last picture, did one of your welds crack?

I was thinking of doing that but it may break if its allumium or an alloy, along the bottom piece of box i should be cutting it in today.

Also thats the cut for the steering tube to pass through for the handlebars, ill admit it looks a bit confusing but it will all make sense after today i hope