Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Stages Power Meter Issue

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Stages Power Meter Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-24, 12:02 PM
lennyparis

Bikes: 2017 Tarmac Pro, 2014 S-Works Tarmac, 2011 Trek Madone 6.2, 2014 Trek Madone 5.9 & 2009 Specialized Hardtail

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Stages Power Meter Issue

My power meter was not working so i changed the battery and cracked the plastic cover and the underlying the cover screws into that holds the battery. Can this be replaced instead of a new power meter? Could I just replace the crank arm with a new power meter attached? It is just a right side power meter

Old 05-23-24, 03:20 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Liked 5,408 Times in 3,732 Posts
I'm sure it can be replaced with another PM. Why don't you call SRAM/Stages support contact number and ask if they'll do anything for you. Or call some of the others that make crankset based PMs and see what their price is for a new PM and whether the busted PM will be a issue for them.

The crank arm on that side is the spider and spindle too. And trying to find just that used might be almost as much as a new complete crankset.

Last edited by Iride01; 05-23-24 at 03:37 PM. Reason: SRAM is Quark, not Stages. oops!
Old 05-23-24, 05:24 PM
Bald Paul

Liked 1,869 Times in 875 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I'm sure it can be replaced with another PM. Why don't you call SRAM/Stages support contact number and ask if they'll do anything for you.
That may be a bit difficult now. Power meter brand Stages ceases operations according to reports | GCN (globalcyclingnetwork.com)
Old 05-23-24, 06:14 PM
PeteHski

Liked 5,873 Times in 3,624 Posts
Holy crank rubbing!
Old 05-24-24, 07:55 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Liked 5,408 Times in 3,732 Posts
Originally Posted by Bald Paul
I thought I'd read that elsewhere awhile back. But they still have a website that appears to give the appearance of operation.

https://stagescycling.com/en_us/

Maybe it's regional or someone took them over in the meantime. I've not looked at the GCN link yet you gave. Though I will a little later. Video news takes so interminably long compared to reading the news.

Still the OP's crank still might be able to have the PM of another put on it such as 4iiii.

Last edited by Iride01; 05-24-24 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-24-24, 10:41 AM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Liked 8,310 Times in 3,300 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I thought I'd read that elsewhere awhile back. But they still have a website that appears to give the appearance of operation.

https://stagescycling.com/en_us/.
No, the web site isn't active (everything is out of stock), and no cars are in their parking lot except for one company vehicle.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 05-24-24, 12:56 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Liked 9,569 Times in 4,424 Posts
I hope it can be fixed by someone with the right skills, but as above, Stages is kaput.