Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Interesting find...

Search
Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Interesting find...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-08, 07:27 AM
gwd
Biker

Bikes: one Recumbent and one Utility Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting find...

There was a thread about things you find on the bike path. I just found on the path that goes along a bridge across the potomac river a high capacity magazine with a bunch of ammo scattered about. The magazine was lying near the edge where it would drop to the water. People who drive across the bridge don't even know there is a bike lane on the other side of the fence so sometimes they think they are tossing something in the potomac but just hitting the bike path. Usually its bottles and trash but I once found a wallet from a mugging near the same spot. The interesting thing is the cops weren't interested. I think if I had taken the magazine and ammo a few blocks down from where I work the dudes on the corner would show more interest. The cops didn't want to record the caliber or the make of the bullets. One tried to tell me it wasn't in her jurisdiction. She tried to tell me it wasn't likely that a machine pistol had been tossed in the river, more likely someone was just trying to throw out a magazine full of ammo.
Old 12-09-08, 08:59 AM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,538 Times in 1,047 Posts
Originally Posted by gwd
The cops didn't want to record the caliber or the make of the bullets. One tried to tell me it wasn't in her jurisdiction.
What would you expect/want the police to actually do with a "record" of the caliber and the make of the recovered unfired bullets?
Old 12-09-08, 09:38 PM
gerv 
In the right lane

Bikes: 1974 Huffy 3 speed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Luckily, my biggest find on a bike path was a nice light bike multi-tool. I never bothered to mention that one to the police.
Old 12-09-08, 09:40 PM
Hobartlemagne 
Spelling Snob

Bikes: Panasonic DX4000, Bianchi Pista

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Ammo is pretty expensive these days. You should shoot it yourself and save some money.

The first rule of flats is You don't talk about flats!