Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello From Auckland, New Zealand

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-21, 09:20 PM
Rappy1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all

Its great to be involved with a community like this.

My names Nathan and as per my title I'm living in Auckland, New Zealand.

I got into cycling in October last year after, with my only other experience being during childhood, around 25 years ago (38years old)
Since my childhood a few things have changed. I was involved in an accident when I was 21 that left me as a walking paraplegic. I lost my calf muscles and glutes,
with the remaining leg muscles a little bit weaker.
I never considered cycling a possibility, however after a holiday away with my daughter and partner, I had the opportunity to try going for a ride.
I was ecstatic to find it was still an option and shortly after purchased myself and my daughter a bike.
Needless to say my interest in cycling has grown and I am for ever pushing the capabilities of my body. There is somewhat a thrill and satisfaction in out pacing full able bodied riders and
hearing my daughter complain that I am either going too fast or we have gone too far.
I try to do upwards of 20km as a minimum, whenever I head out on my own, but pushing for 30km. I have also decided to tackle more inclines to build up strength and get the lungs pumping.

Currently I ride a Marin San Rafael, however as time goes on this will receive some upgrades or I will get a better bike, but its working great for the area I am riding in.

Anyway that's a long enough tale. So I look forward to learning and understanding more about cycling.

Cheers Nathan
Old 08-23-21, 09:51 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Welcome to the gang!
Old 08-23-21, 10:06 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,064 Times in 1,081 Posts
Welcome! That's an amazing story, I'm sure it will continue.

I have fond memories of Aukland, and New Zealand in general. My wife has family there so we did visit once. Such a pretty place.

Cheers
Old 08-23-21, 10:10 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Howdy from a Texas Rider.

Old 08-23-21, 10:12 PM
Rappy1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys!
Yeah not a bad place at times. Just need to get Covid under control, so we can get back to exploring!