Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Good infinite adjustment setback seatpost (more than 16mm)?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-09, 11:59 AM
Dago
Ninja cyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd need to replace my current seatpost, it's a cheapie from PBK (PBK branded, not sold anymore) and it has stepped tilt adjustment due to which I can't set it an an angle I'd like to (it's either slightly nose up, or quite a lot nose down) resulting in bit too much perineum pressure (the slightly nose up is the best, nose down makes me hurt everywhere). So I'd need to find a good new seatpost with infinite angle adjustment, but the problem I ran into while browsing seatposts is that I can't find any "proper" infinite adjustment setback seatpost with enough setback

Thomson layback post has 16mm setback which MIGHT be just and just enough but I don't want to have it set up right at the edge of the rails...

Not sure how much setback my current post has but looking at the seatclamp from the side, my saddles (toupe 143) rails straight portion ends at about the middle of the seatpost vertical line (about the same as the thomson layback, looking at pictures) so I'm guessing my current seatpost has 18-20mm setback.

Suggestions?
Old 07-25-09, 12:12 PM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1098 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
I use the FSA K-force on my three bikes. I need the 32mm setback for most saddles, but 25mm is available also.
Old 07-25-09, 12:19 PM
Dick Rhee
Shoebomber

Bikes: 2008 Canyon CF Pro w/ Chorus, 2005 Moots Vamoots w/ Ultegra, 1988 Cannondale commuter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The Look Ergopost 4 allows for a wide range of setback, as well as unlimited tilt.
Old 07-25-09, 12:37 PM
Dago
Ninja cyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Both look good but can't find the ergopost from anywhere in europe and the FSA is pretty expensive (like 150$).
Old 07-25-09, 12:41 PM
Dick Rhee
Shoebomber

Bikes: 2008 Canyon CF Pro w/ Chorus, 2005 Moots Vamoots w/ Ultegra, 1988 Cannondale commuter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Any LBS that sells Look bikes or Look pedals should be able to order you the seatpost. However, the ergopost won't be any cheaper than the FSA post.
Old 07-25-09, 02:02 PM
DaveSSS 

Originally Posted by Dick Rhee
The Look Ergopost 4 allows for a wide range of setback, as well as unlimited tilt.
The LOOK post does not have a 2-bolt clamp for fine angle adjustment, like the OP is asking for.

https://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...jor=1&minor=19
Old 07-25-09, 02:16 PM
Dago
Ninja cyclist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveSSS
The LOOK post does not have a 2-bolt clamp for fine angle adjustment, like the OP is asking for.

https://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?p...jor=1&minor=19
I don't think I actually said 2-bolt was required, just infinite adjustment but yeah, I'd rather like the double bolt design
Old 07-25-09, 02:35 PM
DaveSSS 

Originally Posted by Dago
I don't think I actually said 2-bolt was required, just infinite adjustment but yeah, I'd rather like the double bolt design
Without a 2-bolt mechanism, the angle adjustment is still hit and miss, particularly out on the road. With a 2-bolt, you loosen one bolt 1/4 turn and tighten the other 1/4 turn to make an angle adjustment so small that you could never see it, but you will feel it when get back on the bike.

You'll regret buying anything but a 2-bolt.

I've got three LOOK frames, but wouldn't buy a LOOK seatpost.