Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Anyone use a Brooks Swift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-24, 09:32 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
Anyone use a Brooks Swift?

I just impulse-purchased a Swift. I have a 10 year old black B-17 with copper rivets; this basically looks identical, apart from being slightly less wide. I think the leather is thicker, too, so it will take 20 years to break in, rather than 10. The B-17 is ever so slightly less than perfect; I am gambling that this will be incrementally more comfortable.
Old 02-24-24, 04:34 AM
Mmassey338
Old guy on a bike

Bikes: Fuji “mountain” bike, Lynskey GR260 & Firefly Allroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
I tried a Swift, but prefer the B17 and the Berthoud Aspin seems to be the sweet spot for me.
According to their site, Brooks saddles all have the same thickness, but they used to have a thicker line. Berthoud claims their saddles are thicker, but they break in fine.
I never put anything on my leather saddles but Sno Seal on the underside and shoe polish on top.
Old 02-25-24, 05:20 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 262 Times in 129 Posts
I spontaneously bought a B17 a month ago and that did t work me. If I make another spontaneous purchase it will be a Swift. The B17 was too wide for me, in particular the long taper to the nose (I prefer a T-shape. Also my sit bones are 125, so I’m not sore I need a very wide saddle (bars level with saddle)
Old 02-26-24, 04:04 AM
Sangetsu

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
I have a Swift titanium saddle on my road bike, and I like it. But I wear padded bike shorts when riding that bike, I have B17 saddles on my other bikes, and I can ride them comfortably without needing padded shorts.
Old 03-14-24, 08:08 PM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 262 Times in 129 Posts
I was really close to buying one the other day. Checked it out in a shop, wasn't sure if I liked the flared out skirt, so decided to hold off. I tried a C17 and really liked it. I've been on 8-10 rides with it and no complaints. Swift is a gorgeous saddle though.