Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Selle Anatomica Saddles

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Selle Anatomica Saddles

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-20, 05:56 AM
mrv 
buy my bikes

Bikes: my very own customized GUNNAR CrossHairs

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 428 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Fredo_Adagio
I have an ISM PN 1.1 on my triathlon bike. It looks like a torture device, but it is actually very comfortable. The key thing is to sit on the nose of the saddle with the boys forward of the tip. Perhaps it wouldn't work as well when riding in the more upright position of a mountain bike or city bike.
inspired by the Earwig?

Old 03-24-20, 07:45 PM
mitch2

Bikes: Litespeed Solano, Cannondale Super Six Evo, Kona Big Kahuna, Trek Farley 9.6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Revracer
I was anxious to try an H2 as I am looking to ride long distance rides / brevets. I have used a variety of saddles and have recently put many miles on a Specialized Power Saddle and like it but was concerned it get a little solid and create sit bone ache. I have tried a Brooks Swift (never really broke in) and a Rivet (liked that saddle on another bike) but something I realized about leather is that I cannot move around on the saddle which I like. SA seems highly regarded for brevets. With the H2, my options seem to be tilt the nose down to move around but then I feel the slide forward many note and my arms are quite sore and tired as I have ridden 67 and 100 mile rides with this setup. When I tilt the nose up to prevent slide, I too find too much pressure on the groin and sometimes feel like I get caught on the high nose when sitting back down from out of the saddle. At mile 80, it felt like I was riding on the frame of the H2. I had already tightened it a few times to compensate for stretch. Looks like I only have 1/2" left of bolt and sides are flaring digging into thighs. I have put the Rivet Pearl on this bike and so far that seems to be giving me range of motion and good fore aft placement. I am exploring the lacing for H2, but I suspect I might not be an SA person.
New to Selle Anatomica this winter and have an R2 and H2 here, both with carbon rails. I am getting on better with the R2 that is on my fat bike than with the H2 on my Ti road bike. I am having similar issues as reported by revracer as I am used to flatter saddles and I like to slide fore and aft depending on the terrain, my speed, etc. I have found the "hammock" style saddle to be somewhat restrictive. I recently did some MTB trail rides using the R2 on my fat bike and I liked the greater than typical flex and found it to be comfortable. I like that I did not slide around as much on the rubber R2 as I do on the leather H2 where I am continually sliding to the low point in the saddle. SA since told me not to use the carbon rails on MTB trails as "they will break" so it seems I need to put the steel rails back on the R2 for MTB riding. I was actually going to return the H2, which is basically new, but then found I could not return it because I had treated the bottom with their saddle sauce. Therefore, I am going to tighten up both the R2 and the H2 for less hammock action, and give them some more time. I will leave the carbon rails on the H2 since it will be on a road bike. However, for now, my favorite road bike saddle continues to be a Brooks C13, 158mm, all weather, carved saddle with carbon rails.
Old 08-28-20, 06:14 PM
ciquta

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
R2

any update about the R2?

I'm tempted to get one but not many real-life reviews out there
Old 08-28-20, 06:27 PM
speedevil 
I never finish anyth

Bikes: 2008 Merckx LXM, 2003 Giant XTC mtb, 2001 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1989 Cannondale ST, 1988 Masi Nuovo Strada, 1983 Pinarello Turismo

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by ciquta
any update about the R2?

I'm tempted to get one but not many real-life reviews out there
I've got several SA saddles, X2's on 4 road bikes, and an R2 on my C'dale ST600. I've got a couple of hundred miles on the R2, and it is very comfortable to me, just the the X1 that I swapped out. My ST600 is a rainy-weather bike and the rubber topped saddle seemed to be a good idea. It works very well. I don't typically slide up or back on the saddle while riding, at least not too much. The R2 saddle works just as well as the X1 it replaced. It might be slightly "grippier" than the X1, but not significantly more.

I like SA saddles, as you might guess since I have 5 of them now. I have 2 Fabric saddles on my climbing bikes, and I like those too.
Old 08-28-20, 06:31 PM
ciquta

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
what's your weight if I may ask?

I'm a big guy, the Brooks Cambium c17 I'm using right now is a big disappointment since it's too narrow and curvy for my big ass

shame these come in single size
Old 08-28-20, 06:41 PM
speedevil 
I never finish anyth

Bikes: 2008 Merckx LXM, 2003 Giant XTC mtb, 2001 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1989 Cannondale ST, 1988 Masi Nuovo Strada, 1983 Pinarello Turismo

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by ciquta
what's your weight if I may ask?
I'm about 190 +/-.
Old 08-30-20, 02:27 AM
ciquta

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
did you try the r2 also in a long ride?

i do 100km/day on touring and my C17 is good for the first ~50km, that's when it become a real pain in the ass