Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Need advice on road shoes...

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-23, 12:07 PM
madison123

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would like to upgrade to stiff road shoes. The problem is that I like to have my feet quite far forward. In other words I like the pedal axle to be way in back of the ball of my foot. The road shoes I saw at my local shop doesn't allow enough cleat adjustability. Anyone know of a good shoe that allows this?
Old 08-27-23, 12:29 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,979 Times in 1,920 Posts
Not sure of anything other than speedplay zero possibly having more adjustability, but I'm just guessing. Also, those types of shoes specific to that clipless type are unicorns. Idkw it's rare for speedplay zero specific shoes without using additional bracket plates, seems odd...
Old 08-27-23, 01:17 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,714 Times in 1,034 Posts
https://fitkitsystems.com/product/cl...apters-3-hole/

These’ll give cleat setback on any road shoe.
Old 08-27-23, 01:53 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
I can't provide specific help, but include the term "mid-foot" in your search for cycling shoes.