Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Disc brakes are great!

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Disc brakes are great!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-24, 01:14 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,868 Times in 3,013 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Mayer
Back on topic. I was in a newly opened local high-end shop yesterday. They sell road bikes for the fast crowd. I did not see anything for sale at less than $4k. All bikes had hydraulic discs, and most featured electronic shifting and fully-integrated frames and bars. The mechanic in the back corner was swearing under his breath trying to fish a hydraulic line through a handlebar.
I think you just made this story up, especially the part in bold. What were you even doing in a shop full of bikes you clearly hate?
Old 02-18-24, 01:19 PM
Dave Mayer

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked 476 Times in 278 Posts
I'm ignoring the last 3 specious posts because they did not include the AI Influencer Bot disclaimer. Make sure you use the tagline: "I'm not..." because AI bots cannot use English contractions.
Old 02-18-24, 01:25 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,868 Times in 3,013 Posts
I'm ignoring the last 3 specious posts because they did not include the AI Influencer Bot disclaimer. Make sure you use the tagline: "I'm not..." because AI bots cannot use English contractions.
I think you are taking the p*** now. You can ignore what you like and often do when questioned.
Old 02-18-24, 01:31 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10437 Post(s)
Liked 11,913 Times in 6,101 Posts
And why can't AI use contractions? Because contractions are an integral part of the BIRTH process! AIs are MADE, not BORN!!! Think, people!!!

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 02-18-24, 01:47 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 3,785 Posts
Thread has drifted much too far off of topic.

Closed