Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hanging bags from hood

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Hanging bags from hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-23, 02:00 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3956 Post(s)
Liked 7,304 Times in 2,949 Posts
Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX
Just had this pop up on FB marketplace, I bet it would look great on a $10k bike.
I have the exact same mount -- it's from an old Kirtland handlebar bag.
Old 11-13-23, 03:30 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,441 Times in 2,764 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
I was a courier for years....
I am a professional....
So how did you lose your cycling skills? A history of TBI would explain some things.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 11-13-23, 03:42 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,308 Times in 1,118 Posts
Inspired by Larry's predicament and my tongue in cheek recommendation of a Pletscher rack, I decided to take the short trip to ALDI to bring home some lower priced grocery items. I managed to fit a block of Neufchâtel, a jar of curry sauce, Keto friendly tortillas, a bag of frozen sweet corn, and a bag of riced cauliflower in my drawstring bag. I probably could have easily packed twice that and still had room for a couple of cheeseburgers. Of course a Pletscher looks better on a bike boom high tensile bike than a modern CF bike.

Old 11-13-23, 03:48 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2496 Post(s)
Liked 739 Times in 523 Posts
Don't ask me how I know but, low/mid end roadbikes with Claris spec brifters have a sort of 'net' created by the shift and brake cable overlaps such that light bags of the sort that might contain a fast food meal can be carried safely a short distance. These brifters look higher up the food chain. Impressive. I wonder if your standard issue six hook bungee net couldn't stretch between the drops and hold a similar amount of 'cargo' on demand and disappear completely when not needed.
Old 11-13-23, 07:11 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts

This is my haul from the food bank near at the college near my house (it’s only for wealthy people, very far from the train station and on the top of a hill. Organic produce, etc etc, no homeless people.) wouldn’t fit in most of the suggestions in this thread.

Hanging stuff from a bicycle is tried and true. In Vietnam I saw people with like 100lbs of stuff on their bikes
Old 11-13-23, 07:42 PM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 134 Posts
Got an address for that food bank where only wealthy people freeload?
Likes For XxHaimBondxX:
Old 11-13-23, 08:11 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata GRX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked 1,472 Times in 1,020 Posts
Hanging stuff from a bicycle is tried and true. In Vietnam I saw people with like 100lbs of stuff on their bikes
Yeah but were they riding drop bars?

The Crazy **** People Carry on Bikes in Vietnam [PICs] (matadornetwork.com)
Old 11-13-23, 08:26 PM
LarrySellerz

Got an address for that food bank where only wealthy people freeload?
https://canadacollege.edu/sparkpoint...foodpantry.php

if you look at a topographical map of the route from the Redwood City Train Station to Canada College, one can only reasonably assume that the food bank is not meant for poor homeless people who take the train. There isn’t very much new world order food there either, like the canned tuna with <10% textured soy protein added. For the most part it’s all organic rich people food. The workers at the food bank have to wear masks while giving out the food, lol.

what kind of food bank gives canned wild salmon and walnuts instead of tuna and peanuts?

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-13-23 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-13-23, 08:28 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by SoSmellyAir
I dont think so. I’m worried about the grips near the hoods
Old 11-13-23, 08:48 PM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

https://canadacollege.edu/sparkpoint...foodpantry.php

if you look at a topographical map of the route from the Redwood City Train Station to Canada College, one can only reasonably assume that the food bank is not meant for poor homeless people who take the train. There isn’t very much new world order food there either, like the canned tuna with <10% textured soy protein added. For the most part it’s all organic rich people food. The workers at the food bank have to wear masks while giving out the food, lol.

what kind of food bank gives canned wild salmon and walnuts instead of tuna and peanuts?
you know, food pantries are not necessarily dedicated to homeless people. Even if they do serve better quality food while wearing masks, one can understand they are serving needy people in their community, as stated in their mission statement: "Food assistance is available for students and non-student members of our community in need." I'm not sure which category applies to you.
Old 11-13-23, 08:55 PM
LarrySellerz

you know, food pantries are not necessarily dedicated to homeless people. Even if they do serve better quality food while wearing masks, one can understand they are serving needy people in their community, as stated in their mission statement: "Food assistance is available for students and non-student members of our community in need." I'm not sure which category applies to you.
it’s in the richest part of the city. Same food bank has a branch at Stanford campus. It’s not for poor people. If you lived in the area or even look at a topographical map, it’s just absurd. The poor neighborhoods are like 3 miles away.

the reason it’s good quality food is because it’s for students and other higher class people. They wouldn’t waste the good food on the impoverished. They can have the textured soy protein tuna and bugs.
Old 11-13-23, 09:09 PM
XxHaimBondxX

it’s in the richest part of the city. Same food bank has a branch at Stanford campus. It’s not for poor people. If you lived in the area or even look at a topographical map, it’s just absurd. The poor neighborhoods are like 3 miles away.

the reason it’s good quality food is because it’s for students and other higher class people. They wouldn’t waste the good food on the impoverished. They can have the textured soy protein tuna and bugs.
What's absurd is you believing rich people are entitled to free donated food, this is just plain embarrassing.
Likes For XxHaimBondxX:
Old 11-13-23, 09:27 PM
LarrySellerz

What's absurd is you believing rich people are entitled to free donated food, this is just plain embarrassing.
I’m not the one who put it at the highest elevation point in the richest part of the city. When planning a food bank, location and the community served are some of the first considerations. It would be disingenuous of me to suggest that it is an accident, clearly this food bank isn’t meant for the poor people of Redwood City. That’s why they gave me 2 lbs of walnuts instead of peanuts and organic produce, free range eggs, etc.

the 5 lb bag of frozen chicken is the only normal poor person food bank item they had.

I think it’s fitting to show up to the rich person food bank on a 3,000$ plastic bicycle. I need the nutrition and am not rich, have 2 roommates, just live in the rich part of town.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-13-23 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-13-23, 09:30 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,573 Times in 7,336 Posts
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 11-13-23, 09:42 PM
tomato coupe

... I just got a huge promotion and am making some money ...
I think it’s fitting to show up to the rich person food bank on a 3,000$ plastic bicycle.
I think you're calling this a "rich person" food bank to justify taking free food when you can afford to buy it.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 11-13-23, 09:54 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by tomato coupe
I think you're calling this a "rich person" food bank to justify taking free food when you can afford to buy it.
I share a room with 2 other grown men, and live paycheck to paycheck (they are bigger now, gonna get a Wabi single speed next paycheck), don’t tell me I’m wrong for going to the fancy food bank. The system needs its cogs eating right so they can keep working.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-13-23 at 09:58 PM.
Likes For LarrySellerz:
Old 11-13-23, 10:09 PM
tomato coupe

I share a room with 2 other grown men, and live paycheck to paycheck (they are bigger now, gonna get a Wabi single speed next paycheck), don’t tell me I’m wrong for going to the fancy food bank. The system needs its cogs eating right so they can keep working.
You just bought a brand new Wilier, but you're living paycheck to paycheck? Sure thing bro.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 11-13-23, 10:34 PM
LarrySellerz

You just bought a brand new Wilier, but you're living paycheck to paycheck? Sure thing bro.
I was 3 days late on rent, so I went to my parents house to pick up paychecks and deposited them at the bank. I knew my wheel was messed up, so I went to the bike shop and told them I needed the cheapest bike that fit me to get to work tomorrow, and asked if they could fix the bike I rode in on.

the guy said the bike I rode in on needed a new wheel and that it would fail catastrophically likely in the next couple of blocks. I think I could eek out a lot more than that, but there is a reason I showed up to the bike shop asking for my bike to be fixed. Normally I do it on my own.

cheapest bike they had was this 3k Wilier. I wonder if they could have made the logo any bigger. Had some Masonic symbology too

Had to pay the landlord a day late because I bought transportation to get to work.

nobody deburred this pointy spacer stack, I’m getting scraped up on it. If it was metal I’d just file it down, but it’s plastic. Is it fine to file the edges of the spacer stack and then maybe run some sandpaper of varying grits on it? Or will it mess with the carbon layers and the integrity. My gut says the spacers integrity isn’t that important and I can break the edge without issue.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-13-23 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-13-23, 10:43 PM
tomato coupe

I was 3 days late on rent, so I went to my parents house to pick up paychecks and deposited them at the bank. I knew my wheel was messed up, so I went to the bike shop and told them I needed the cheapest bike that fit me to get to work tomorrow, and asked if they could fix the bike I rode in on.

the guy said the bike I rode in on needed a new wheel and that it would fail catastrophically likely in the next couple of blocks. I think I could eek out a lot more than that, but there is a reason I showed up to the bike shop asking for my bike to be fixed. Normally I do it on my own.

cheapest bike they had was this 3k Wilier. I wonder if they could have made the logo any bigger. Had some Masonic symbology too

Had to pay the landlord a day late because I bought transportation to get to work.
Sorry, not buying your story. The bottom line is that you had enough money to buy a $3000 bike, while claiming you're living paycheck to paycheck. If you were really that strapped for money, you could have replaced the faulty wheel or purchased a less expensive bike somewhere else.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 11-13-23, 10:58 PM
roadfix
hello

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 53 Posts
Get another bike, just for bags.
Likes For roadfix:
Old 11-13-23, 11:00 PM
LarrySellerz

Sorry, not buying your story. The bottom line is that you had enough money to buy a $3000 bike, while claiming you're living paycheck to paycheck. If you were really that strapped for money, you could have replaced the faulty wheel or purchased a less expensive bike somewhere else.
I hardly ever have more than 3 figures in my bank account. I bought the Wilier on a whim because I had just deposited money.

our government doesn’t care about fiscal responsibility, why should I. When I was born the national debt was 5 trillion, now it’s 33 trillion. That’s 211k per working person. If the trend continues, when I’m 54 my share of the national debt will be over a million dollars. Why shouldnt I spent my last dollar on a fancy bike, while it’s still worth something. They will just print money to pay the debt and my savings will be worthless.

Frankly, saving it is a clown option. I won’t, but I should buy another Carbon bike in a month because why not.

none of you should begrudge me for going to the food bank. Frankly, it’s one of the best things I’ve done for myself, I need the nutrition. My diet is horrible and my body hurts.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-14-23 at 12:36 AM.
Old 11-13-23, 11:07 PM
tomato coupe

I hardly ever have more than 3 figures in my bank account. I bought the Wilier on a whim because I had just deposited money.

our government doesn’t care about fiscal responsibility, why should I. When I was born the national debt was 5 trillion, now it’s 33 trillion. That’s 211k per working person. If the trend continues, when I’m 54 my share of the national debt will be over a million dollars. Why shouldnt I spent my last dollar on a fancy bike, while it’s still worth something. They will just print money to pay the debt and my savings will be worthless.
All irrelevant. You're just trying to rationalize taking free food when you can afford to buy it.

none of you should begrudge me for going to the food bank. Frankly, it’s one of the best things I’ve done for myself recently, I need the nutrition. My diet is horrible and my body hurts.
No one forces you to buy unhealthy food -- buy healthy food with your money.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 11-14-23, 12:38 AM
LarrySellerz

All irrelevant. You're just trying to rationalize taking free food when you can afford to buy it.

No one forces you to buy unhealthy food -- buy healthy food with your money.
Hey bro, going to say this once. Please stop. If you want smoke, you can race me or ask kj43 or someone to race me in your stead.
Old 11-14-23, 12:45 AM
tomato coupe

Hey bro, going to say this once. Please stop. If you want smoke, you can race me or ask kj43 or sometime to race me in your stead.
Stop what? Calling you out for taking food from a food bank when you can afford a $3000 bicycle? I think you're the one that needs to stop.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 11-14-23, 01:11 AM
LarrySellerz

Stop what? Calling you out for taking food from a food bank when you can afford a $3000 bicycle? I think you're the one that needs to stop.
yeah, lay off, you are way out of your element.

As I said before, race me or name a champion to race for you. Otherwise, **** off dude. I have given my area and demonstrated that I am willing to race anybody. Not much else to say, put up or shut up.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-14-23 at 01:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.