Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hanging bags from hood

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Hanging bags from hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-23, 05:55 PM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 268 Times in 134 Posts
Well I'm not, your nutrition means very little to me, much less than poor student's you stole this food from. At least there's a chance he'll become a contributing member of society.
Likes For XxHaimBondxX:
Old 11-15-23, 06:00 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by XxHaimBondxX
Well I'm not, your nutrition means very little to me, much less than poor student's you stole this food from. At least there's a chance he'll become a contributing member of society.
the students at Canada college are doing just fine for the most part. Look at the poverty in the area, it’s not around the college.

why do you think I’m not a contributing member of society?

ironically, this kind of disgusting thinking is why the free range eggs are at the Canada food bank, and why the poor homeless addicts get Tunatural. The idea is that the good food is wasted on them.

also the students are mainly female, so stealing from “her” would be more accurate than “him”, you misogynist.
Old 11-15-23, 06:01 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,438 Times in 2,764 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
The reality of the situation is the powers that be decided that homeless alcoholics are rats and don’t deserve access to high quality food at their food banks. They get textured soy protein Tuna Fisha and Tunatural.
Whining about free food? What's the incentive to provide "high quality" food? Y'all might live to be 100 and who needs that?
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 11-15-23, 06:16 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
Six pages in four days, Larry you sir are a true Bike Forums legend.
Old 11-15-23, 06:16 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Whining about free food? What's the incentive to provide "high quality" food? Y'all might live to be 100 and who needs that?
whining? I’m getting from the rich people food bank, not the poor people food bank. Just making a casual observation about what’s going on around me.
Old 11-15-23, 06:31 PM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9653 Post(s)
Liked 6,365 Times in 3,505 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
Yes. Would be obvious to most. Why not move in with Mom and Dad? They could help you monitor your diet and personal hygiene, you could ride to "work" with Dad. Ethically that would put some of your subsidy back on those responsible.
If you were mom and dad, would you do that?
Likes For Mojo31:
Old 11-15-23, 06:51 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3514 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,776 Posts
yeah you should be embarrassed telling me that I shouldn’t use a food bank. If you knew my financial situation, you would be ashamed. Have had close to zero savings my entire adult life.
If you were smart and wanted to act like an adult you would have taken a big chunk of the money you spent on that bike (that doesn’t even suit your riding needs) and taken a financial literacy course, so you would know how to properly manage your income. Even when I was in your shoes I was never late with rent because I bought something I both didn’t need nor could afford. And I never took food out of hungry mouths on top of it.
Likes For smd4:
Old 11-15-23, 06:57 PM
smd4

why do you think I’m not a contributing member of society?
Because you have no moral compass? Maybe you have no incentive, because you are able to steal one of your basic needs? Could be any number of reasons.
Likes For smd4:
Old 11-15-23, 06:59 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by smd4
If you were smart and wanted to act like an adult you would have taken a big chunk of the money you spent on that bike (that doesn’t even suit your riding needs) and taken a financial literacy course, so you would know how to properly manage your income. Even when I was in your shoes I was never late with rent because I bought something I both didn’t need nor could afford. And I never took food out of hungry mouths on top of it.
When I was born, the national debt was 5 trillion. Now it is 33 trillion. That is about 211k per person in the workforce. If you check my numbers and math, you'll find that its gotten worse since I did the calculation. At this rate, by the time I am middle aged my share of the national debt will be over a million dollars. How will they deal with this? Probably by just printing a bunch of money and devaluing our currency. Why should I be financially responsible when looking at the big picture?

Im not taking out of hungry mouths, that is a disgusting accusation. Please stop. Do better.

If you own a car, don't judge me for getting from a food bank, you probably are much better off financially than me.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-15-23 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-15-23, 07:06 PM
LarrySellerz

Because you have no moral compass? Maybe you have no incentive, because you are able to steal one of your basic needs? Could be any number of reasons.
Again, a disgusting accusation. I cannot afford a car, and share a room with 3 grown men. Not a house, a room. Going to the food bank is good for someone in my shoes. Actually, im done defending myself about this, and will only respond to this post in the future with pictures of stuff hanging from my bars and discussions of hanging stuff from bars.
Likes For LarrySellerz:
Old 11-15-23, 07:06 PM
smd4

When I was born, the national debt was 5 trillion. Now it is 33 trillion. That is about 211k per person in the workforce. If you check my numbers and math, you'll find that its gotten worse since I did the calculation. At this rate, by the time I am middle aged my share of the national debt will be over a million dollars. How will they deal with this? Probably by just printing a bunch of money and devaluing our currency. Why should I be finically responsible when looking at the big picture?

Im not taking out of hungry mouths, that is a disgusting accusation. Please stop. Do better.

If you own a car, don't judge me for getting from a food bank, you probably are much better off financially than me.
Of course I’m much better off! But it took a whole LOT of hard work, and some luck, over decades.

Don’t give me that crap about national debt. You act like you’ve got to pay it off yourself personally. Take an economics class when you take the financial literacy class.

And by definition you’re stealing food from the hungry. Stop it. Do better.
Likes For smd4:
Old 11-15-23, 07:07 PM
smd4

Again, a disgusting accusation. I cannot afford a car, and share a room with 3 grown men. Not a house, a room.
If the bike shoe fits…

What kind of bikes do your roomies ride?
Old 11-15-23, 07:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Look if you cannot afford good food but you can buy an expensive bike your priorities are crooked and you really do not need a food bank. You need to learn how to manage your money. Food banks are for those who need it, those people are generally struggling to pay rent and maybe for medicine and other life essentials, they don't have money for expensive toys.

Bikes are awesome, I love them I literally spend most of my time around them either at work but also at home and even in other bits of spare time. However if it came down to rent and food vs bike, rent and food would win out and if I had money left over it could go towards bike. I don't buy an expensive bike and then go down to a food bank and plead poverty when I am not poor.

Nothing disgusting about an accurate observation. People who use a food bank but are buying expensive bikes or cars or whatever have NO MORAL COMPASS. It is taking from those who need it and that is wrong. I hope to never need a food bank or have food insecurity that would suck and is nothing I wish on anyone.

Really audacious for you to suggest that I am not needy enough to deserve to go to a food bank. I literally share a room with 2 other guys because I cannot afford to rent a room in my area. Do I have to literally be homeless for me to qualify to you? It’s obnoxious
You aren't you bought a Willier. A homeless person would qualify but there are also many many others who aren't homeless or jobless who would qualify but like I said above if you can buy expensive toys you aren't poor. I have known plenty of people who live quite frugally but have money. I could understand if you had bought a utility bike but you bought an expensive toy and I know expensive toys I like them myself but like I said above I would put my food and shelter above my bikes.

Last edited by veganbikes; 11-15-23 at 07:22 PM.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 11-15-23, 07:19 PM
LarrySellerz

Take an economics class when you take the financial literacy class.
I got a 5 in AP macro and a 5 in AP microeconomics (top marks, rare to get a 5 in both, only 5s I got on AP tests and I took a bunch.) I'm aware of how they claim the system works, its funny that you twice tell me to take that was literally my best subject in school. Actually done defending myself about this though

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-15-23 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-15-23, 07:22 PM
XxHaimBondxX

Bikes: Trek FX 7.3, Specialized Roubaix, Orbea Terra, Aostimotor S17 ebike, Huffy RedRock (first bike)

whining? I’m getting from the rich people food bank, not the poor people food bank. Just making a casual observation about what’s going on around me.
If you were a truly decent human, you would steal from the rich people's food bank and redistribute to the poor people food bank, not consumed everything yourself. Sort of a modern day shirtless Robinhood on expensive Italian horse.
Likes For XxHaimBondxX:
Old 11-15-23, 07:23 PM
smd4

Actually done defending myself about this though
What are you talking about? You have no defense.
Likes For smd4:
Old 11-15-23, 07:23 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,308 Times in 1,118 Posts
Since we are talking about bikes, finances and responsibility...

Forty years ago my wife and I lived paycheck to paycheck on a family pack of hamburger, couldn't pay our rent, my bike sat outside and rotted because I couldn't afford tires for it so I rode to work with a friend. Eventually I tossed that old Takara bike on the pile at the dump. In the last couple of weeks I've restored another old Takara and probably have about $300 dollars in it so I can have one just like the one I gave up back in the day. While spending $300 to get a bike that is worth $30 may not be in line with spending $3K for that Wilier, it still doesn't make good financial sense. But I can go out to whatever restaurant in town that I want to and spend what I want on bikes because I worked my butt off for many years.

Larry, surly you can see where some people have an issue with you buying something you can't afford when you could have got by with a cheaper bike and then maybe not had to resort to the food bank that others possibly need worse.

Likes For Chuck M:
Old 11-15-23, 07:27 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by Chuck M
Since we are talking about bikes, finances and responsibility...

Forty years ago my wife and I lived paycheck to paycheck on a family pack of hamburger, couldn't pay our rent, my bike sat outside and rotted because I couldn't afford tires for it so I rode to work with a friend. Eventually I tossed that old Takara bike on the pile at the dump. In the last couple of weeks I've restored another old Takara and probably have about $300 dollars in it so I can have one just like the one I gave up back in the day. While spending $300 to get a bike that is worth $30 may not be in line with spending $3K for that Wilier, it still doesn't make good financial sense. But I can go out to whatever restaurant in town that I want to and spend what I want on bikes because I worked my butt off for many years.

Larry, surly you can see where some people have an issue with you buying something you can't afford when you could have got by with a cheaper bike and then maybe not had to resort to the food bank that others possibly need worse.
The bikes stores were closing, the bike shop I went to told me that the bike I rode in on would probably fail catastrophically in the next few blocks. I went to the best bike shop in town, because why wouldn't I. I got a $150 single speed there before but know they mainly sell high end racing bikes.

My job told me I needed to get in at 6 in the morning the next day. I dont drive or use uber

I asked for the cheapest bike that fit me and it was a 3k wilier. I don't even like it and think its a shoddily made plastic thing thats uncomfortable to ride but wicked fast.

I don't regret it, soon you will see that 3k is nothing when they devalue our currency more and more. No point in saving

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 11-15-23 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-15-23, 07:31 PM
smd4

I don't regret it, soon you will see that 3k is nothing when they devalue our currency more and more. No point in saving
HA! Don’t hold your breath! Was that 5 out of 10 in that Econ class?
Likes For smd4:
Old 11-15-23, 07:37 PM
LarrySellerz

HA! Don’t hold your breath! Was that 5 out of 10 in that Econ class?
Top marks. Right there in the post, boosterboi
Old 11-15-23, 07:40 PM
smd4

Top marks. Right there in the post, boosterboi
Pretty funny coming from a guy who has actively chosen not to save any money! LOL! Smart financial strategy there! The perfect formula for achieving the following:

No car
No apartment
No house
No wife
No family
No retirement
No future.

But, a lifetime of struggle, suffering, disappointment and disillusionment.

Hope they at least keep stocking the food you like at the bank. That seems to be all you’ll ever have to look forward to in life.

Last edited by smd4; 11-15-23 at 07:46 PM.
Likes For smd4:
Old 11-15-23, 07:47 PM
XxHaimBondxX

Ouch, that's a bit too harsh.
Old 11-15-23, 07:49 PM
smd4

Ouch, that's a bit too harsh.
For a guy who steals food from hungry kids because he doesn’t want to save money? No.

My sister was the same as him. Worked for short term gain. Had a new Dodge Stealth while I drove a used Turcell. She’s in her mid 50s now, doing baby sitting jobs. No health insurance. She will need to work literally until the end. She didn’t get why saving money was important. But at least she never had to steal food.

Maybe by being “harsh,” Larry will figure it out before it’s too late for him too. But maybe not.

Last edited by smd4; 11-15-23 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-15-23, 07:57 PM
XxHaimBondxX

For a guy who steals food from the needy because he doesn’t want to save money? No.
I feel like Larry has diminished mental capacity or on a spectrum, therefore it's not his fault that he makes these absurd decisions.
Likes For XxHaimBondxX:
Old 11-15-23, 07:57 PM
smd4

I feel like Larry has diminished mental capacity or on a spectrum, therefore it's not his fault that he makes these absurd decisions.
Possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.