Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Another neck/shoulder pain

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 08:47 AM
ethan.g75

Bikes: Felt FC 7970, Trek5200 comuterized

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know there have been other posts on here like this but...
I have been riding for a while, i am young, flexible, and have been quite comfortable on my bike. I have been fitted multiple times, usually once every 2 months, because i am growing quickly. I have been having a problem recently with the muscles on my arm the cover the shoulder, right where the seem ends on a tshirt. Also, with this pain comes pain in my neck, the muscles behind my neck on either side. I recently moved from a 120mm, -7degree stem to a 100mm -6 degree. I have just the right amount of bend in my arms on the hoods, but this problem kicks in later in rides, and then will sometimes carry into the next day's ride depending on the length of the first ride. I am curious, it seems like when I get low, the pain sometimes goes away, should I try a -10 or more stem and see how that goes? Maybe go back to a longer stem?
thanks
Old 10-15-13, 06:05 PM
Buckeye370

Bikes: Trek Pilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm going through this exact thing right now to the extent that I went to my doctor and through physical therapy. I can't answer as to the fit, but its come down to posture and pinching a nerve. The physical therapist has me working my upper back muscles to correct the posture and relieve the stress on my neck and nerve. I'm way too guilty of letting my shoulders roll forward when I fatigue on the bike deep in to a ride.