Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

How to Carry a Water Bottle on a Gazelle Medeo T10+?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-23, 08:03 PM
Nokton

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 23 Posts

There's a very good chance that I'm going to buy a Gazelle Medeo T10+ Mid Step soon. These look like excellent bikes and it will take some stress of of my surgically repaired knee for longer rides that I can't do on my conventional bikes yet. I definitely want to find a good way to carry a water bottle or two in addition to a trunk bag or pannier for carrying office stuff or camera gear.

Here's a link to Gazelle's page about the bike: Medeo T10+ I'm pretty sure the braze-ons on the inside of the frame are for mounting another battery, not for a water bottle cage. What ways have people found to conveniently carry a water bottle on their eBikes? I'd ideally like to be able to get a drink while I'm riding and not have to carry water in a bag.

Thanks!
Old 06-27-23, 08:13 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
Originally Posted by Nokton
There's a very good chance that I'm going to buy a Gazelle Medeo T10+ Mid Step soon. These look like excellent bikes and it will take some stress of of my surgically repaired knee for longer rides that I can't do on my conventional bikes yet. I definitely want to find a good way to carry a water bottle or two in addition to a trunk bag or pannier for carrying office stuff or camera gear.

Here's a link to Gazelle's page about the bike: Medeo T10+ I'm pretty sure the braze-ons on the inside of the frame are for mounting another battery, not for a water bottle cage. What ways have people found to conveniently carry a water bottle on their eBikes? I'd ideally like to be able to get a drink while I'm riding and not have to carry water in a bag.

Thanks!
Yeah the Dutch don't need water they are all secretly camels... There is no second battery though so any mounts you find would be for a bottle cage or similar accessory. If memory serves I believe the Mid Step had a triple mount so you have options to mount something further up or down or use anything cage type bottle. If you find you need more storage look into the Wolf Tooth B-Rad system, I have been using it quite successfully on my road bike to where I have two bottle cages on one mount quite nicely and no real issues with it. Mainly I did it for a ride I used to do and needed the storage because I was also running a half frame bag so a bottle on the seat tube wouldn't have really worked so well though truthfully I didn't try a lowered cage which may have worked but not that well as it would have been tight.

The T10+ is a great bike you will be happy with it. Bosch is good reliable stuff and the T10+ is decently set up for the price. I love the bike and sold a whole bunch of them back in the day.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 06-27-23, 08:31 PM
Nokton

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 77 Times in 23 Posts
Thanks!

The description of the Medeo says that it can use an additional battery and I assumed that the three "bumps" inside the downtube were for mounting that battery, not for a water bottle. As long as I can get a bottle on board, I'll be fine.
Old 06-27-23, 09:58 PM
MarcusT

Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 617 Times in 344 Posts
https://www.topeak.com/global/en/product/332-CAGEMOUNT
Likes For MarcusT:
Old 06-27-23, 11:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
Originally Posted by Nokton
Thanks!

The description of the Medeo says that it can use an additional battery and I assumed that the three "bumps" inside the downtube were for mounting that battery, not for a water bottle. As long as I can get a bottle on board, I'll be fine.
No worries always happy to help!

They do sell the kit to adapt their bike for a second battery in this case a Bosch Powerpack. If you are considering dual battery, go Riese and Müller for so many reasons but especially in this case dual battery set up out of the box from the factory. The Gazelle kit has to be installed at the dealer and will work the same as the R+M but it is not an integrated battery so less clean looking and no ability to go above 1000wh (for instance my bike is 1250)
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 06-27-23, 11:58 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
Look at SKS water bottle mount adapters on Amazon. I have used both the $11.95 & $14.95 ones very effectively, not only for water bottle cages, but for mounting controllers on DIY bikes.
Likes For 2old:
Old 06-30-23, 05:03 AM
dmwill

Bikes: 1989 Dahon Stainless Steel Classic, 1993 Burley Samba Mixte tandem, 2002 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, 2003 Co-Motion Speedster tandem, 2021 Trek Verve 3, 2021 Priority Current

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
We have a step through Gazelle and don't want to give up the step through area for a water bottle, not that there are any braze ons there anyway. We use a handlebar feed bag for a water bottle, find that it works great. Easy retrieval and replacement of the bottle without fighting to get it back in a low mounted traditional bottle holder.
Likes For dmwill: