Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

iwatch app that does not use screen saver battery mode?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-24, 01:12 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts

Not sure the correct term to use. When I tried to use google for iwatch fitness and sleep all my results came back about tracking your sleep when you go to bed.

That's not what I am talking about. When I use my Iwatch and strava to record my ride the screen always goes to battery/sleep mode where I can't just look down and see my speed, distance, heart rate etc. Most of the time when I turn my wrist on the drop bars it still stays in sleep mode.

On my old garmin fenix 5 watch the screen was always on. So I could always just glance at my watch and get the stats I want.

Before I buy a garmin watch is there an iwatch fitness app that the screen always stays on and never goes into sleep.battery save mode?
Old 02-24-24, 01:25 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Certainly in settings for the watch there must be a choice of keeping the screen always on or not. Or for not letting it sleep. Would it be too much trouble to just change that before and after your activity?
Old 02-24-24, 02:21 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Certainly in settings for the watch there must be a choice of keeping the screen always on or not. Or for not letting it sleep. Would it be too much trouble to just change that before and after your activity?

the watch does not go to sleep in normal day to day use or using other app just strava.
Old 02-24-24, 02:42 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Have you ask STRAVA? Though I hear STRAVA is crappy about support lately. RWGPS tends to get back to me the same day I ask them a question.

Surely Apple must have a fitness oriented forum you could ask this question at and get some help. On my android phone I can tell it what apps can or can't be put to sleep, but still it might be the app itself that needs something done. Are you actually starting a activity on it? Or just looking at the live data. Maybe starting a activity will keep it from sleeping.