Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Missbumble Rides Again - Anyone in South Florida?

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 11:32 AM
Missbumble 
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Ok Gang - I am back. I had been lazy this year, it was either too hot or too cold. So now i have moved to Boca raton, FL and looking for riding buddies..and I guess encouragement.

Ride 1 - Took my chubby self (yup gained some weight) on a ride - 20 miles from 8-10AM on AIA. Was sick the entirte day with dehydration...

Ride 2 - Let's try this again - rode 16 miles.....sweet took my time...have been losing weight and healthier.... still hard to ride - it is H.O.T wooo whee. But I did it.....and no migraine/dehydration

Ride 3 - Did it again - rode on A1A - the beach and gorgeous houses all around...afterwards ran into someone who recognized my car from my apt complex and made a new friend who also rides...(not a Clydesdale/Athena .. so not sure I should trust her) Avg about...12 mph...so a far cry from where I was...but am getting it together. Have the food under control, and am riding again...my goal is to get the MPH up so I can ride further and maybe join some bike groups or not be afraid to ride longer organized rides again.

So tomorrow all the riders hit A1A so it shoudl be fun to see if I can kick my butt a little and catch up to some of them and tag along for a bit. I do like to Draft - plus I still get a huge workout just staying on....met a group the first time I rode and managed to hang for a qwhile, on the other hand maybe I overdid it.... oh well we shall see.

Ok the Bee is just checking in. Sorry to have been away so long.
Old 09-02-11, 07:39 PM
txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Welcome back Bee!
Old 09-02-11, 11:42 PM
Hill-Pumper

Bikes: 2016 Niner RLT Steel, 2015 GT Grade Carbon 105, 2014 NS Bikes Eccentric, 2013 Norco Sight Killer B-1

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to see you back MissB!!!!
Old 09-02-11, 11:54 PM
seenoweevil
invisible friend

Bikes: Gary Fisher Tassajara hardtail mtb, '01 Rans Wave, '98 Raleigh R700, Mid-80's Takara Professional, '91 Bianchi Alfana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great to see you back, Miss Bee!