Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1953 schwinn cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-22, 09:10 PM
Fixiebro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
1953 schwinn cruiser

Hello friends,
I found a diamond in the rough. I am not sure how much is worth but any information would be great.

Old 05-03-22, 09:22 AM
EddyR

Bikes: 1992, Cannondale R900. 1991 Paramount pdg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 66 Posts
I do not know much about these bikes but it looks like a mens Spitfire model. To fix up and ride is easy but to restore it will take a a huge effort and there plenty of that vintage on cl for &2-300 in mint condition. Clean it up spray can paint it and enjoy it for what it is.
Ed
Likes For EddyR:
Old 05-03-22, 10:03 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
I put the serial number into this site: https://bikehistory.org/schwinn.php?serial=H47817 and it spat out: Serial number stamped on: 02/02 to 02/09 of 1953.

I'd agree with EddyR that it's a Spitfire. You can still see the pinstriping on the fenders beneath the ugly respray. The locking fork made me think it might be a more deluxe model, but this excerpt from the catalog hints that it might have been a dealer option "Other Schwinn equipment such as the spring fork, Cyclelock, and expander brake may be installed on this model at a slight extra cost."

Value in it's current state is limited. This is a project and the buyer will want a discount.

Old 05-03-22, 10:06 PM
Fixiebro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Oh thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Clang
I put the serial number into this site: https://bikehistory.org/schwinn.php?serial=H47817 and it spat out: Serial number stamped on: 02/02 to 02/09 of 1953.

I'd agree with EddyR that it's a Spitfire. You can still see the pinstriping on the fenders beneath the ugly respray. The locking fork made me think it might be a more deluxe model, but this excerpt from the catalog hints that it might have been a dealer option "Other Schwinn equipment such as the spring fork, Cyclelock, and expander brake may be installed on this model at a slight extra cost."

Value in it's current state is limited. This is a project and the buyer will want a discount.

I will definitely keep that in mind when posting it. I posted at $200 and had a lot of offers but decided to sell it on eBay my self and not give away for that price.