Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Wahoo ROAM Blendr mount buzzing...

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-23, 10:43 AM
rlmalisz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 35 Posts

I have a Trek Doamne with the love-it/hate-it Blendr system. I got the appropriate duo mount. From prior bike I have one of the 3D-printed Shapeways ROAM-Blendr mounts. Am not unhappy with the mount...it seems secure, reasonably sturdy. The annouying thing is that any road surface roughness results in the computer vibrating/buzzing in the mount. If I place a finger on it to dampen vibration, that stops.

I'd like a solution that keeps it dampened. One attack would be a adhere a very thin layer of some shock-absorbing material either the back of the ROAM or the face of the mount...but I can see either just wiping off when the computer is bayonetted onto/off-of the mount.

Anyone among you have this sort of setup and solved the problem? Is there a specific 3D-printed mount that is a bit more snug and doesn't exhibit this issue? I know Bonrager makes a Garmin Blendr mount. That's not terrbily well reviewed, but if that and a Garmin-to-Wahoo adapter work silently together, I'd be game to try going that route...but would like to hear that it's a viable solution from someone using it.

Any feedback (except "give up on Wahoo") appreciated.

--Richard
Old 03-19-23, 01:50 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,697 Times in 2,518 Posts
I think people just put some tape on the mount. It doesn't really have to absorb any vibration, just tighten up the connection.
Old 03-19-23, 02:54 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,970 Times in 1,918 Posts
a dab of RTV evenly spread in the center, let it cure. it should be enough to fill the void. It will over time wear off, but apply a little when it happens is all it takes.
Old 03-21-23, 07:17 PM
rlmalisz

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 35 Posts
Went pretty low-tech: a couple silicone rubber cabinet door bumpers stuck down in a couple of the printed part's voids. They're smooth on top, and any time I'm riding, they'll be further pressed into place by the computer. The $9 bumper assortment from Amazon has 30 or so of this size, and lots of others. I suspect these two guys will do the job, last at least a season.
Likes For rlmalisz:
Old 03-22-23, 09:07 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,697 Times in 2,518 Posts
Having seen that, I agree with the silicon sealer recommendation. I'm glad the bumpers are working, but the glue on the back of those is somewhat unreliable.