Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Georgia USA!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Georgia USA!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-23, 07:42 PM
avidrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Hello from Georgia USA!

I am an avid rider, when the weather and my work schedule allows. I ride mostly for fitness (cardio), and enjoying the landscape. Currently I am using my summer days to ride on the variety of Rails to Trails located in Georgia and Florida (and the A1A coast of Florida). I enjoy the exercise a bike provides, and the opportunity to do some "sightseeing" at the same time. Depending on which Rail to Trail I am on, I use one of three bikes; a 2022 Giant Escape Disc 1 (a hybrid, with some modifications), a mildly retrofitted vintage 1974 Schwinn Le Tour road bike, and one of first (if not the first) modern hybrid bike made - a 1993 Schwinn Crosscut with Glen Bars (also slightly retrofitted, but not much). If you are in Georgia or Florida this summer (2023), and you see a tall 6'2" cyclist riding any of these bikes, it might be me! Just wave and say, "Keep going Avidrider!"
Likes For avidrider:
Old 06-30-23, 03:21 PM
jolly_codger

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 67 Posts
Welcome aboard! I used to live in Athens, GA but couldn't take the humidity. I think you will find a lot of useful information on these forums, so long as you don't mind some snark from some miserable souls. I say, "Bless their hearts." and move on!
John
Old 07-04-23, 11:02 PM
chaisu

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Keep going avidrider!
Old 07-05-23, 07:34 AM
CyrusBlack

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome - I'm a newbie as as well
Old 07-14-23, 12:22 PM
semarri

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
welcome!
Old 07-15-23, 08:22 PM
DougRNS
Silver Comet Fred

Bikes: 1

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8845 Post(s)
Liked 2,995 Times in 1,741 Posts
Originally Posted by avidrider
I am an avid rider, when the weather and my work schedule allows. I ride mostly for fitness (cardio), and enjoying the landscape. Currently I am using my summer days to ride on the variety of Rails to Trails located in Georgia and Florida (and the A1A coast of Florida). I enjoy the exercise a bike provides, and the opportunity to do some "sightseeing" at the same time. Depending on which Rail to Trail I am on, I use one of three bikes; a 2022 Giant Escape Disc 1 (a hybrid, with some modifications), a mildly retrofitted vintage 1974 Schwinn Le Tour road bike, and one of first (if not the first) modern hybrid bike made - a 1993 Schwinn Crosscut with Glen Bars (also slightly retrofitted, but not much). If you are in Georgia or Florida this summer (2023), and you see a tall 6'2" cyclist riding any of these bikes, it might be me! Just wave and say, "Keep going Avidrider!"
Welcome avidrider. I'm from the NW Metro Atlanta area and ride the Silver Comet trail regularly. I'm just getting back to riding as I've encountered heath problems the past few years. Welcome to bike forums.
Old 07-16-23, 12:24 PM
BRIAN90505
Black is the new Chrome

Bikes: Electra Coaster 7D

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello from SoCal!