Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

New Fork

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-02, 06:07 AM
the_stew_man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Fork

I was just wondering if anybody knew anything about Kestral's EMS Pro fork, all i know is from what i have read on the kestral website. I have a EC30 (full carbon - expect the crown which is aluminium) right now, but its a bit flexly and its been suggested that if i upgrade my fork the ride will be better. I am leaning towards the fork upgrade, it will most likely add a bit of weight, but that's fine (I just buy some new wheels to counteract that ). My LBS has the fork in stock and the owner of the shop knows im interested in it.
Cheers,
Stew
Old 11-29-02, 11:38 AM
Xavier

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Carbon forks - Stay away from really light weight forks. Many firms make them lighter but the flex is so bad they are unrideable. This was the case with early Looks and Time forks among others.

Anyone can make a light product, but one to hold up and not flex is a different story.

Being Kestrel I am sure they put out a good product.
Old 11-30-02, 03:57 AM
Patricia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a Reynolds Ozu Pro that is really light and stiff but I'm only 105 pounds. I think it is under 400 grams. My boyfriend has a Alpha-Q fork that is also under 400 grams and ultra stiff. The Ozu Pro is his old fork.

I don't think Kestrel or Easton make very good forks.