Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Experience with Local Bike Shops Bought by Trek

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Experience with Local Bike Shops Bought by Trek

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-22, 06:19 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4411 Post(s)
Liked 4,862 Times in 3,008 Posts
Originally Posted by GlennR
I rode into a new Trek stock 2 years ago.After talking to one of the salespersons they suggested I look at an Emonda. I then pointed out my bike IS an Emonda SLR.

I guess they didn't recognize it without the screaming TREK logos.

Maybe the manager has experience, but the sales person did not.
If your were selling Trek and someone came in with a 2015 Emonda, wouldn't it be natural to tempt them into looking at a new Emonda?
Old 01-08-22, 07:57 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
If your were selling Trek and someone came in with a 2015 Emonda, wouldn't it be natural to tempt them into looking at a new Emonda?
That can be said for anyone coming into a bike shop and try to sell them another bike... doesn't have to be a Trek for a Trek.

But that's assuming you think the person has a 5 year old $10,000+ bike and has another $10,000+ to buy the latest and greatest.

My Emonda is a 1st generation, when the 2nd gen came out the LBS I bought it from jokingly said "gonna trade it in for a new one?". I said... sure, so after trading in my "old" bike and spending $8000 more, i'll get through axles and hydro disc brakes. Sure sounds worth it.
Old 01-09-22, 09:10 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
One in my area, with about ten stores, is Trek concept, and MEH as before. The other, with one store, is the same and very good IMO. I really like Trek bikes and am ready for their new MTB model which will hit the store in mid-2023 according to their list. I may have a Giant Anthem by then.
Old 01-14-22, 02:19 PM
Pratt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked 498 Times in 295 Posts
My only experience was with the Trek store in Georgetown. I rolled in there and had them ship my bike home to Vermont after doing the GAP/C&O. They were helpful and did a good job of packing the bike and panniers.
A one dog study, but positive.
Old 01-15-22, 04:59 PM
Fredo76
The Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: 1976 Fredo Speciale, Jamis Citizen 1, Ellis-Briggs FAVORI, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 920 Times in 447 Posts
I guess when bikes get complicated enough, shops and stores won't do. You need dealers.