Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

127mm Wahoo or Tacx Axle Width Mod

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-22, 09:57 AM
Eric Sakai

Bikes: eddy merckx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have and old 6-speed which now has a 1990s Campy 10-speed. I removed one of the thick aluminum washer from the axle hub, and just spread the rear drop outs a little bit to install.
In doing so I have about 127mm axle width.
The Wahoo and Tacx has either 130mm or 135mm.
Can the axle mounting pieces inside these smart trainer be grounded down by 1/8 inch so the my bike can fit onto these smart trainers?
I'm thinking these pieces must be removable to change between 130mm and 135mm.
But in doing so will my bike fit onto the machine without the bike frame or sprockets touching or rubbing against anything.
Perhaps when you look at your machine you can tell if there is enough room to do some modification.
Aloha,
Eric
Old 02-22-22, 10:27 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,701 Times in 2,521 Posts
I have a gen 1 kicker and the non drive side spacer could be 3 mm narrower. I don't recall what they look like inside. Since I have a lathe, I would just make a new one.

TBH, your best approach is to get a wheel on trainer like the kickr core. Or stretch the frame to 130.