Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Strida 5 Usability Review Video

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 08:35 PM
innomind

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello folding bike lovers!

I just completed a usability review of Strida 5 folding bike. It took me a month and a half to create it. Just wanted to share the video with you, and hear your perspective on this review. Here is the vid...

Enjoy!
Old 05-20-09, 02:26 AM
EvilV
Bicycling Gnome

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Excellent.

I only got to watch three of the sections because I got an error message as the fourth one initiated, but it was entertaining. Could be that it's a bit long, since there are six sections I think.

You could also think about posting it here : https://www.stridaforum.com/forum/ where there are other strida fans.

EDIT:

Ah - it is already on that site. I also got to find the index there so I could watch the individual parts and I saw the rest.

Last edited by EvilV; 05-20-09 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-20-09, 04:44 AM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, a good effort, a bit long-winded though,I also had the error on the fourth part, put your cursor over the lower edge of the frame & click on the 4th thumbnail, it works fine then, as do pt 5 & 6.
The guy obviously hasn't realised that it doesn't need a park brake, because it already has TWO! That's what those elastic loops are on the ends of the handlebars, pull brake on, hook loop over lever, hey presto, handbrake! Useful when parking upright or when trying to hold bike upright on a bus or train. new alloy racks are a great improvement on the old plastic type.
Also a bit weird trying to board that 1st bus without folding the handlebars or pedals, not surprised that he was refused entry.
Anyway, a great effort all in all. Thanks! ;o)

Safe Strida-ing!
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!
Old 05-20-09, 06:30 AM
joose
pooh bear

Bikes: Dahon D3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I enjoyed these videos. After the first one I kept skipping through the others just for 'interesting' bits as it felt abit samey listening to new people on the bike. I liked the final section, the review conclusion was really good.

Thanks innomind
Old 05-20-09, 07:44 AM
havm66z

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
“Nice rack” in the first video. Good excuse to say that.
Old 05-20-09, 08:05 AM
innomind

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

As far as the loops to set the Strida when in crowded public transportation; In the conclusion I was mentioning about quick-set brake for such situations. Setting the loops on requires two hands involved, hence doesn't quite happen so quickly.

Sorry about the playlist not playing smoothly to the last part, youtube issue... Also, I wish youtube had an ability to keep the second part and the rest playing in HD automatically after the user initiated the "HD" button in the first part.

Cheers

-Renat