Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Croozer or Roland cargo trailers?

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07, 11:46 AM
Juha
Formerly Known as Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Does anyone have trailers by either manufacturer?

I need a trailer for the occasional big / bulky transport. I don't see myself touring with it, it's more for hauling stuff home from the grocery store etc. For various reasons, DIY is not an option. I need something ready-made, and I'm willing to pay for that to an extent. Roland and Croozer (and the Bob Yak) would be somewhat readily available around here.

The Roland Carrie M looks ideal to me, but I just got a quote for it: at least EUR700 (USD1000+), depending on what optional add-ons I want. I could get the Croozer Cargo for maybe one third of the price. Obviously it's not the same as Roland, but I'm beginning to think, maybe "the same" is a bit more than what I actually need. Roland's modular design is fantastic, the Croozer probably will not adapt to different needs as easily.

I'd love to hear real-life experiences from users. So, if you have a Croozer Cargo (or Travel), or either version of Roland Carrie M (regular or big), please share!

--J

Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?

Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
Community guidelines
Old 12-06-07, 02:19 PM
JunkyardWarrior

Bikes: royce union (univega) full susp mtb, work trike, assorted extra bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i dont own either one but the roland looks nice if you have the cash to drop.....lots of options

i saw the croozer on amazon.com and they had a dl for the product manual.......thats when i noticed that all the metal parts (rails and tounge) are bolted to the plywood floor and there isnt any support under the plywood......my guess was to cut down on wieght...it should be plenty strong.........and you could always replace it if it rotted.......or replace it with some alum diamond plate......but i really like the look of it....but that doesnt always mean better
Old 12-06-07, 05:59 PM
mupedalpusher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you looked at the Carry Freedom, it's very good. The Roland looks similar with quick release wheels and flatbed. I find the flatbeds to be very versatile and useful.