Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Guided cycling tour in Sri Lanka?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-21, 04:59 PM
SnooMuffins7052

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I (36/f) am trying to figure out which tour company to book a ~2 week, relatively challenging cycling tour through Sri Lanka in spring '22, which I'll be doing alone. The top contenders now are Spice Roads and KE Adventures. I'm also looking for one that books pretty nice hotels. Exodus, Explore! and Intrepid also seem good but maybe not as physically demanding as I want.

Yes, I could do this myself, but I travel a lot in the developing world for work (I'm a journalist) and really after the last year want someone to do the heavy lifting for me. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Old 08-16-21, 09:58 AM
axolotl

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 88 Posts
Few cyclists on this forum use tour operators. You're more likely to find information about a tour operator on Tripadvisor.

FWIW, I toured on Sri Lanka (self-organized) about 15 years ago. Great country to visit. The cycling was sometimes a mixed bag due to varying road quality, and in one region, homicidal bus drivers. But mostly, the cycling was very enjoyable. Overall, I had a great time and highly recommend the country as a destination.
Old 08-16-21, 11:16 AM
SnooMuffins7052

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good to know, thank you!