Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Information on a bike

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Information on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-20, 06:36 AM
Dhos1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Information on a bike

Is there anywhere I can find information on this bike I purchased...etc... The year, how many made etc? It is a Tommaso TRC400. Beautiful bike...I cannot even post pictures yet as I would love to show it off. It has hideous pedals and seat though. I searched on here, but nothing about that specific model.

Brian
Old 12-30-20, 08:53 AM
Milton Keynes

Bikes: Trek 1100 road bike, Roadmaster gravel/commuter/beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked 1,710 Times in 936 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is seeing what pops up on Google.
Old 12-30-20, 11:02 AM
Bob the Mech

Bikes: 2016 Trek Emonda S6 frameset, custom build (road). 1995 Dawes Genesis Reynolds 531 Competition frameset, custom build (road). 1996 Orange C16R frameset, custom build (retro MTB). Coyote Dual hard-tail, custom build (MTB).

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 55 Posts
Tommaso TRC400 2006?

Originally Posted by Dhos1
Is there anywhere I can find information on this bike I purchased...etc... The year, how many made etc? It is a Tommaso TRC400. Beautiful bike...I cannot even post pictures yet as I would love to show it off. It has hideous pedals and seat though. I searched on here, but nothing about that specific model.

Brian
PROMO DESCRIPTION

Tommaso has raised the bar on racing bike performance with the 2006 TRC-400. The Tommaso designed double butted aluminum semi-compact frame with Carbon Seatstays is a high-end feature rare in this price range. The frame has both comfort and stiffness inherent in its well thought-out carbon and aluminum design.

The Campagnolo Mirage and Xenon derailleurs work hand-in-hand with the Campagnolo Mirage ErgoPower Brake Lever and Shifters to slickly shift the gears. Additionally, the attention to detail is apparent on TRC 400 where Tommaso hand picked the Campagnolo cassette and FSA Gossamer triple crankset.This is the race-proven 27 gear performance you need for the longest hills and fastest training rides.

https://tommasobikes.com/ the company as it currently stands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommaso_bikes wiki enrty for Tommaso bikes.

Not what you would call a massed produced bike (due to the size of the company that supplied them) but not really high end either. Visible welds and bonded carbon fibre seatstays. Functional if not pretty. I always have concerns about bonded (glued) alloy and carbon frame structures, from a longevity point of view...
Likes For Bob the Mech:
Old 12-30-20, 02:22 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
I usually look on Google, it is the easier way to go, no need to sign up for anything just type and search, you get plenty of results in most cases unless something particularly rare.

Tommasso is from what I have seen in modern times a rather low cost online brand that you can get on Amazon, nothing of quality but it looks kind of like a road bike. However going back through the history it looks like before they got sold to an investment group in 2013 they imported some higher quality stuff but I haven't seen much of it in the wild aside from the new stuff from Amazon.

Your bike has Campy on it it is on the lower end of Campy but potentially more decent than the lower end of Shimano. It also looks to be from before the investment group so likely a much higher quality bike.
Likes For veganbikes: