Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Decoding of Eddy Merckx frames

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Decoding of Eddy Merckx frames

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-24, 08:57 AM
CyclesMakaron

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 396 Times in 259 Posts
Corsa Extra TSX january/february 1990
Old 04-12-24, 05:54 PM
mikekone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 15 Posts
Amazing Eddy Merckx Collection Seminar Classic Bicycles Auburn

Any Eddy Merckx bike/history fans out there? Thought so! Rich Gangl is assembling an amazing collection of bikes representing the historical evolution of the bikes Merckx rode. There are 10 bikes in the collection. Some are period bicycles painstakingly presented to be just like what Merckx rode. Other bicycles are recent creations that are insanely accurate reproductions of what Merckx raced on. Rich has spent years on this project. He's searched high and low for proper parts, made parts when necessary (such as for the hour record bike), and obtained or built frames and made sure the paint/decals are presented with amazing accuracy.

In order to bring this project to life, he spent countless diving into the history and images of Eddy Merckx. His collection of bikes is truly unique. Part of it was shown at Classic Bicycles Auburn in 2022. The completed collection will be on display at Classic Bicycles Auburn Sunday June 9. The event is at the amazing Auburn Cord Duesenberg in Auburn Indiana. In addition to the bicycle display, Rich will be presenting a seminar on this project that will dive deeply into the history and legend of Eddy Merckx. If you are a Merckx fan, this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The seminar is one of many that will be delivered by leading vintage lightweight bicycle experts. The seminars are on Friday and Saturday of Classic Bicycles Auburn weekend. The exact schedule of seminars will be released in the next week or so.

For more information about Classic Bicycles Auburn, Click Here

Auburn Indiana is close to Indianapolis, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Cleveland, and Chicago. Classic Bicycles Auburn is an independently organized event that promotes the enjoyment of vintage lightweight bicycles. If you have questions, please email classicbicyclesauburn@gmail.com

Thanks!
Mike Kone, lead organizer Classic Bicycles Auburn
Rich Gangl working his magic on one of the collection frames

Rich Gangl and his amazing replica of the Merckx Hour Record bike
Likes For mikekone:
Old 04-13-24, 06:00 AM
JacekM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Hello,
It's been almost a year now, but little by little I'm finishing it. Please take a look at how it came out. I'm just worried about the lettering on the down
tube (from cylomondo) whether the letters seem too thin to you. do you have any more advice. I'm waiting for the handlebars, white wrap and white saddle, probably a selle italia turbo.

Old 04-15-24, 04:00 AM
nenad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by JacekM
Hello,
It's been almost a year now, but little by little I'm finishing it. Please take a look at how it came out. I'm just worried about the lettering on the down
tube (from cylomondo) whether the letters seem too thin to you. do you have any more advice. I'm waiting for the handlebars, white wrap and white saddle, probably a selle italia turbo.
The lettering appears a bit thinner because of the silver outline around white lettering.
For my part, I like it. Also, the sticker placement is right where it should be overall (top tube and seat tube). At some point in the future you may wish to experiment with downtube letters again but for the time being I suggest you leave it as is.

Well done.

Regards,
Nenad