Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Spoke corrosion on Vision Team 35 wheels

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-23, 09:58 AM
blue85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey there,
I wanted to give visibility to this issue as I found nothing similar online. Last year, it's gonna be an exact year end of this month; I acquired a set of Vision Team 35 wheelsets to equip a resto-mod Cannondale bike I have.

The truth is, I've barely used the wheels during this time frame. The black paint on the rim brake section is not even fully worn off. Also, I always store my bike in a closed compartment with no humidity and that actually has direct sunlight.
So it was a big big surprise for me the other day, upon close inspection, to see that both my wheels are getting a lot of rust/corrosion on their spokes. I never rode the bike in the rain and not even on wet roads. I'm kind of a newbie road biker so whenever I "smell" humidity, I don't go on those skinny tires.

I checked with the Vision representative where I bought them, and it's now a month since the wheels are with them. But at least I already got the commitment that they will do a full replacement of the spokes.
Is this normal? Does anyone with a similar experience?

Thanks!