Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Adjustable fit bicycle

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Adjustable fit bicycle

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-21, 08:48 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,471 Times in 1,435 Posts
Adjustable fit bicycle

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 05-19-21, 09:06 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6195 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
He did say it weighed 53 kilos (116.8 pounds)!

So that'd be an extra 99 pounds of mass to help me get through all those pesky pedestrians and dog walkers stopped in the middle of the trail talking to each other! <grin>
Old 05-19-21, 09:36 AM
mdarnton

Bikes: nothing to brag about

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 116 Posts
Nice tidy work.
Old 05-19-21, 11:10 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 410 Posts
Crazy as it is, I'd find it interesting to actually feel how changing frame dimensions affect handling. Like "more rake" -yeah, I can read what it is supposed to do, but to actually feel the change while you're riding. hmmm. thanks for the post NG
Old 05-21-21, 09:13 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 565 Times in 429 Posts
I would think something along those lines, as a "fitting" bike that can actually be ridden, would be highly useful in finding the "right" sizing for a given person. It'd add the dimension of riding dynamics (weight shift, hills vs faster spinning, etc). If they can get the weight of such a thing down to be tolerably close to a "normal" bike's weight, it might be a great tool.

If all the geometry angles, lengths, heights, reach can be adjusted for a dynamic fit ...

But then, I'm no engineer. Perhaps even 10-15lbs over a "normal" bike would destroy any handling dynamics improvement over a typical stationary "fit" bike.

I suspect that sort of thing is where we'll be, at some point. Light enough to be a reasonable facsimile of a proper bike, but fully adjustable in all the geometry dimensions to get it right for a given person.