Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Our Coop has some parts and ...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-24, 08:24 AM
Mooo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

So our local bike coop has some vintage parts - including some NOS things. These aren’t mine, and I don’t want to even seem like I’m trying to skirt the marketplace rules here. We’re mostly talking mid-range things like NOS Bluemels mudguards, Duopar rear derailleur still in bag, Suntour Barcons, etc. I’m trying to get them listed on CL or ebay, but that’s taking a while … all volunteer, not open a lot of hours in the week, etc. etc.

There is a thread for ebay/craigslist finds … would a “local bicycle cooperative find” be allowed on that thread or is the C&V marketplace sub thread required? Thanks!
Old 03-13-24, 08:30 AM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked 1,869 Times in 684 Posts
try this:

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...149-co-op.html
Old 03-13-24, 08:49 AM
Mooo

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robvolz
Thanks. Sorry about that. I’d looked but apparently not effectively.
Likes For Mooo:
Old 03-13-24, 10:57 AM
hazetguy 
only here for the "LIKES"

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked 2,245 Times in 1,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooo
So our local bike coop has some vintage parts - including some NOS things. These aren’t mine, and I don’t want to even seem like I’m trying to skirt the marketplace rules here. We’re mostly talking mid-range things like NOS Bluemels mudguards, Duopar rear derailleur still in bag, Suntour Barcons, etc. I’m trying to get them listed on CL or ebay, but that’s taking a while … all volunteer, not open a lot of hours in the week, etc. etc.

There is a thread for ebay/craigslist finds … would a “local bicycle cooperative find” be allowed on that thread or is the C&V marketplace sub thread required? Thanks!

you are pretty much asking about blatantly violating "rule 7", which someone did a few months back and really ruffled the mods' feathers.

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...les-rules.html
7. This is for personal items. “Personal” is defined as belonging solely to the advertising member. Items intended to be sold on behalf of other individuals, bicycle stores, co-ops, and similar instances are prohibited. If you want to advertise sales for a company, store, or co-op, you must become a sponsor.

i would advise against posting the stuff you want to sell in the 'at the co-op' thread. selling things in that thread is not the intent of the thread.
perhaps a direct pm to the moderating staff would be a better way to go, as they can give you a clearer definition on how to proceed.
Likes For hazetguy:
Old 03-13-24, 12:59 PM
Mooo

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks. I’ll probably opt out. Too intricate.
Old 03-13-24, 02:23 PM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked 1,869 Times in 684 Posts
I disagree

the original poster isn’t trying to post something in the marketplace, simply posting what they have seen at the local co-op

really no different than “are you looking for one of these, eBay and Craigslist postings,” except they are at a co-op.
Old 03-13-24, 02:39 PM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26457 Post(s)
Liked 10,418 Times in 7,233 Posts
...sound decision. It wasn't an issue for a long time, then it became an issue. It's generally more trouble than it's worth to end up in the middle on something like this. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Old 03-13-24, 02:54 PM
albrt 

Bikes: 1964(?) Frejus Tour de France, 1967(?) Dawes Double Blue, 1979 Trek 710, 1982 Claud Butler Dalesman, 1983 Schwinn Paramount Elite, 2014 Brompton, maybe a couple more

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked 680 Times in 332 Posts
Agree, I opted out of selling things here and non-renewed my full membership because the rules just kept getting more byzantine and the results did not justify the effort. The powers that be have also declined requests to start a forum to discuss co-op issues.