Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

CrossRip+

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-18, 08:57 PM
Cychologist
Getting older and slower!

Bikes: Trek Domane 6 series Project One, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Trek XO1, Specialized Turbo Vado 6.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
CrossRip+

Does anyone have any thoughts/experience with the Trek CrossRip+? I like the looks of it, with the drop handlebars and the geometry similar to my cyclocross bike.
Old 03-06-18, 02:34 PM
tegnamo

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
It's a quality product and the front/rear light inclusion is a nice bonus, plus included racks and kickstand. Component set is great, too. Just depends on your budget. I suppose you pay a little extra for Trek cred, but it's very well put together! The frame could be stiffer but you're probably not going to notice...
Old 03-06-18, 07:31 PM
Cychologist
Getting older and slower!

Bikes: Trek Domane 6 series Project One, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, Trek XO1, Specialized Turbo Vado 6.0

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tegnamo
It's a quality product and the front/rear light inclusion is a nice bonus, plus included racks and kickstand. Component set is great, too. Just depends on your budget. I suppose you pay a little extra for Trek cred, but it's very well put together! The frame could be stiffer but you're probably not going to notice...
I am trying to arrange a test ride on one, but haven’t so far. My TREK dealer doesn’t handle the pedal assist Treks.

I hope the pedal assist option will help this 73 y/o enjoy cycling with my duathlete son again...rather him enjoy riding with me again. These days he is cruising around 23 mph and I am wearing myself out maintaining 15 mph.
Old 03-08-18, 09:07 AM
NoPhart

Bikes: As my watts decline, I’m amping up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
That’s interesting that your son is cruising around at about 23mph. That is exactly where my 3spd IGH gearing has gravitated to for lining up with common fast Roadies on the bike trails. Glad I went with a BBS02-B mid-drive kit with user control over the speed limiter. Some manufactured ebikes cut assist at 20mph (Class 1 & 2 in CA) and others at 28mph (Class 3 in CA). Something to in your ebike search. Good luck.
Old 03-09-18, 12:11 PM
tegnamo

Originally Posted by Cychologist
I am trying to arrange a test ride on one, but haven’t so far. My TREK dealer doesn’t handle the pedal assist Treks.

I hope the pedal assist option will help this 73 y/o enjoy cycling with my duathlete son again...rather him enjoy riding with me again. These days he is cruising around 23 mph and I am wearing myself out maintaining 15 mph.
Oh man...if they're not carrying eBikes they're missing out on some revenue. I'd just ask them to get one in for demo. They should be able to unless they absolutely can't support Bosch stuff. And they can definitely keep it around for demo purpose or I bet someone would just up and buy it quickly.
Old 03-11-18, 12:39 AM
bikeweenie

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I test-rode it for about 20 miles including up some small hill - put a big smile on my face.
It was the first time in my life that I ran a yellow light on a bike.
(Doing > 28 mph)

Really like the fact that fenders and light are all integrated.
The Bosch motor is very responsive.
The composite forks help a lot with bumps especially when you are going fast.

Unfortunately, the price is a bit steep. They were willing to price match the price of a Trek superstore who was having an anniversary sale ($400 off). Alas I missed the sale by one day - I did not get the bike.

PS: I want to be like you when I am 73 and be able to cruise at 15 mph unassisted.
Old 03-12-18, 07:16 AM
tegnamo

Originally Posted by bikeweenie
Unfortunately, the price is a bit steep. They were willing to price match the price of a Trek superstore who was having an anniversary sale ($400 off). Alas I missed the sale by one day - I did not get the bike.
Trek Fest is their annual (?) sales event and it starts at the end of March so I would maybe ask your dealer if you can expect any discounts or at least some other associated perk on a related item.
Old 03-16-18, 03:14 AM
Vista101

Bikes: 2017 Trek Powerfly 5

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cychologist

I test road that bike and wanted it deeply but only had the credit for the Trek powerfly 5 emtb
Old 03-16-18, 11:30 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
2018 model, its still winter..
Old 09-24-18, 05:03 PM
Riveting

Bikes: '13 Diamondback Hybrid Commuter, '17 Spec Roubaix Di2, '17 Spec Camber 29'er, '19 CDale Topstone Gravel

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked 445 Times in 260 Posts
I just test rode the 2019 Trek CrossRip+ a few days ago, for the purpose of getting it for my wife so that it will bridge the power gap between us, especially going up steep hills. I may also use it once in a while to commute when I want to give my knees a rest after a weekend of recreational hammering. In "Turbo" mode (the highest of the 4 assist settings) this thing is a rocket ship that will get a commuter to work without being drenched in sweat from hills or a serious headwind.
Old 10-13-18, 03:59 PM
csrpenfab

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 99 Times in 57 Posts
I looked at one when I was shopping for my new FX6, amazing machines, just a bit pricey.