Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Garmin Edge Explore 2 questions

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-24, 03:14 PM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts

Just got this unit and the manual is so basic as to be useless. We been trying to look at videos but they seem to be geared toward "performance " as we want to to use it for touring. So transferring routes created in other programs, setting up custom screens etc..
So if anyone can suggest a good video that would help us it would be great.
Thanks!
Old 02-25-24, 06:18 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
Do they just include a quick start guide now? I don't really blame them, few people read manuals today so it's just a waste to include the more complete manual.

Like many computer and electronic makers today, the full manual is online to read in your browser or download as a .pdf and print out for yourself if desired.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?pa...00&tab=manuals

Click the link there to the "Owner's Manual"
Old 02-25-24, 07:01 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,087 Times in 1,182 Posts
Originally Posted by Tandem Tom
Just got this unit and the manual is so basic as to be useless. We been trying to look at videos but they seem to be geared toward "performance " as we want to to use it for touring. So transferring routes created in other programs, setting up custom screens etc..
So if anyone can suggest a good video that would help us it would be great.
Thanks!
You might have better luck just asking questions here for the stuff you don’t understand. Transfering routes is pretty straightforward, as the navigation routes can generally be saved in a .gpx, or .tcx format, then imported to the device directly, or imported to the Garmin Connect website and then transferred to the device using the Connect Mobile app. I think the Explore 2 has RideWithGPS as an app, so creating and saving routes (or course as Garmin calls it) can be done directly, no need to use Connect Mobile. So ask away !
Old 02-26-24, 06:36 AM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

So my first question is how do you go about setting up the training/info pages? BTW we have been using a Garmin 800 for the last 10+ years and it was quite easy to setup.
Old 02-26-24, 08:46 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,811 Times in 3,319 Posts
What training info are you wanting. Remember you were told that the Edge Explore isn't a good choice if you wish to train and use workouts and other stuff. It does almost nothing for training other than record and display your numbers. It does have something that will estimate when you'll arrive at your destination.

Garmin does have a forum for most all the sport and fitness devices. Here is a link to the one for the Edge Explore 2. https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fit...edge-explore-2

And this is the link for most all their current sport and fitness device. https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/

If you are just wanting to add a data screen, then go to the activity profile you wish to add a screen to and there should be an option to add a new screen. Then you can customize it with the data fields you want on it.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...F6D716CA9.html

Last edited by Iride01; 02-26-24 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-26-24, 04:24 PM
Tandem Tom

Thanks. I did purchased the Explore 2 not the Explore. Navigation is the primary function as we tour. Setting up the info screens are what we are attempting.
Finally found a comprehensive manual that is 62 pages of English info. Not the 3 pages that Garmin provided.