Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

ZIZZO FORTE Bomb Proof

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

ZIZZO FORTE Bomb Proof

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-24, 09:38 AM
Pahana

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
ZIZZO FORTE Bomb Proof

After the death of my Dahon Eezz D3 I purchased a Zizzo Forte from my friend for $250. He purchased it at my suggestion 2 years ago and never rode it once. After one week with this bike all I can say is amazing. The frame is totally bomb proof. Yesterday I took it out on a rough gravel road with my wife on her BMC full suspension bike. After what the frame took it should have been creaking like most folding bikes would have. The Zizzo frame is totally solid and never made a sound. I can not say enough about the frame of this bike having owned Dahon, Tern and Brompton folding bikes. I like the touch of the handlebar extension in a D shape so that it can't move around when extended. The frames are designed by someone who understands folding bikes and their short comings. Now the drive train is cheap and okay but the frame is first class. I wish Zizzo would just sell the frame and you could build one up with high quality components. My compliments to Zizzo on the quality of their frames. Well done.
Likes For Pahana:
Old 05-08-24, 03:12 PM
CrimsonEclipse

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 434 Posts
Gutsy calling it "bomb proof" but hey, I hope it works out for you.

(granted, I've never heard any reports of a Zizzo frame failure)
Old 05-10-24, 01:30 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked 537 Times in 431 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal. The Forte is rated for higher rider weight so no surprise the frame feels solid, if a bit heavier. It should do you well, and lower gearing is possible if needed. I've retrofit my Dahon that way.