Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Rockrider st100 or Kent nazz 700c gravel road bike

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-23, 03:49 PM
Daniel3832

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can not post links or pictures. But if you Google this two bike it will pop up.

I am having difficulty choosing between these two bikes. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you.
Old 03-27-23, 07:38 PM
Clang

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 2,255 Times in 1,311 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel3832
I can not post links or pictures. But if you Google this two bike it will pop up.

I am having difficulty choosing between these two bikes. Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thank you.
This is really the wrong forum to ask. Your money would be better spent buying a used bike. A rigid mountain bike, a hybrid, or a touring bike can do everything these Walmart bikes can do more capably.

Old 03-27-23, 08:12 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Hi and welcome! This part of bike forums is about older bikes. That said there are many knowledgeable, friendly folks here who would be happy to help you find and maintain an older bike if you have an interest in doing so.
Old 03-27-23, 09:28 PM
Velo Mule

Bikes: Trek 800 x 2, Schwinn Heavy Duti, Schwinn Traveler, Schwinn Le Tour Luxe, Schwinn Continental, Cannondale M400 and Lambert, Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked 1,023 Times in 665 Posts
Apples Oranges

Where will you be riding @Daniel3832 ? If mostly off road, then look for a mountain bike. If it will be paved surfaces like roads and paved bike paths and you are comfortable with dropped handlebars then a road bike would be the thing to look for.

As @Clang pointed out, on the Classic and Vintage forum, you are talking to people that prefer older bikes. One of the advantages of the older bikes is that it is possible, especially in spring time to keep an eye out for a bargain, if you know what you are looking for. But do some homework before jumping on a deal. One drawback to getting a used bike is that you will have to do some work on the bike or have it done by a local bike shop.

Were here for you if you decide to go the Classic and Vintage route.
Old 03-27-23, 09:40 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
i wouldn't recommend either of the bikes as both of these are very low end, not being a bike snob, but these will not be reliable or easy to repair. the features that look cool like the suspension or disc brakes are super low end and will not function well

If you give an idea of how much you want to spend, what type of riding you want to do, and your location people will often show you whats available used on you local craigslist

Likes For squirtdad:
Old 03-28-23, 08:19 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked 1,740 Times in 961 Posts
Since we are C&V I would suggest a Rockhopper or a stump jumper from 1992 for a MTB.

I would suggest a Trek 520 from 1983 for a road bike with lots of room for wider tread tires.