Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Raleigh cycling and brewpubs

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-23, 11:02 AM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts

Hey all,
I am looking for some ride advice in the Raleigh area. I plan to ride the Neuse River trail and parts the Raleigh Greenway. The 3rd day is a crap shoot, open for suggestions. Does anyone have some advice on either of the rides or suggestion for the 3rd unknown ride? I hope to end the rides near brewpubs

Appreciate any input
Old 11-14-23, 10:58 AM
JustaJoe

Bikes: 2022 Kona Dr. Dew, 2022 Specialized Vado

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
Here's a nice route to hit different breweries: https://bikeraleighgreenways.com/unc...ies-bike-tour/ Wander around this guy's site and you'll find many more greenway rides.

If you're into gravel, Umstead State Park has a nice ~16mi multi-use trail system you can ride - highly recommend it! Many people incorporate Umstead with greenways/breweries, Google will help with more details.

The American Tobacco Trail is a "nice" trail - very flat, rather straight. But there are greenways which connect to it which allow you to ride into adjoining towns (Cary, Morrisville; the Southpoint area). The north end of ATT is in downtown Durham, with it's great food and beer scene.

I'd encourage you to check out Oak City Cycling on the north side of downtown. The entire crew there is awesome, super-helpful, and they have regular rides.
Old 11-17-23, 07:14 PM
balto charlie

JustaJoe
Thanks, just what I needed. I saw it before my trip but couldn't log on and thank you. I used some of your suggestions. I rode the entire Greenway (Neuse, Crabtree Creek around Raleigh as well as the map you posted including Walnut Creek trail and lower Neuse River. Cruised the NC State campus. I also rode the Tobacco trail as my legs were spent and it was the flattest trail.
Breweries included : Burial. New Athem, Epic and Crank Arm.
Great town, great riding and great brews!

THANKS!
Likes For balto charlie:
Old 11-17-23, 07:17 PM
balto charlie

JustaJoe I forgot, great website, the best I have seen. I loved the bridges and tunnels, everywhere.
Likes For balto charlie:
Old 11-17-23, 08:08 PM
JustaJoe

Bikes: 2022 Kona Dr. Dew, 2022 Specialized Vado

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 25 Posts
Awesome! So happy to hear you had a good time riding around our fair city, the greenway system here is definitely a treasure! and the beer is damn good too!