Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Exercise bikes at the gym

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Exercise bikes at the gym

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-23, 11:16 PM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
I assume you own a bicycle. You can buy a bike trainer on Amazon for $100, place your bike on it, stay home and be completely comfortable.
Better yet, local Craigs List or FB Marketplace. If our bike swap last spring, there's a million lightly used ones around post-pandemic. We couldn't hardly give them away last spring.
Old 01-22-23, 11:45 AM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
Are the gym's bikes now equipped with the same attachments as a regular personal recreational bicycle? Last time I was on a gym bike, it didn't have the same seat post config.
It's been a minute since I hopped on a gym bike, & as time went on, people wanted to do that whole small talk thing. Unless the conversation really is meaningful, I can see how a paying membership patron would be annoyed by the short chit chats when someone is in the groove. It would always happen to me when I am using a machine/weights, never at the water fountain or during checking in/out time. If being social is the thing, those chatter boxers might have better chances at the Y or going out in the public for a stranger encounter.
I avoid the gym now, but earbuds really helped with putting people off from talking to me while working out.
Old 01-22-23, 11:48 AM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
Originally Posted by Camilo
Better yet, local Craigs List or FB Marketplace. If our bike swap last spring, there's a million lightly used ones around post-pandemic. We couldn't hardly give them away last spring.
I picked up another at the Goodwill in town for $9. and it's like new. I only bought it cause it was too good a deal to pass up and now I have a spare bike mounted in it in the shed. I'll have a line of these things like a regular gym before long. haha
Likes For SpedFast:
Old 01-22-23, 07:25 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,974 Times in 1,919 Posts
Originally Posted by SpedFast
I avoid the gym now, but earbuds really helped with putting people off from talking to me while working out.
it reduced the chances, but not eliminated it for me.