Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?"

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

eBay / CraigsList finds - "Are you looking for one of these!?"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 08:57 AM
23skidoo
Gone World Hepster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tigerprawn
I was planning to run out and buy this, but the last shorty rider that I'm helping find a bike for doesn't like red

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/1233212554.html

Classic 1980s Marinoni Racing Bike - $200 (noe valley)

Reply to: sale-hah5x-1233212554@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-21, 9:15PM PDT

Bike lovers: this is a 50 cm red Marinoni steel frame racing bike purchased in 1987 or 1988. I am the original owner and have loved riding this bike for 1000s of miles but have not had the chance to use it so much recently. It has new tires and Shimano 600 components.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

This one makes me really homesick for my old neighborhood in the city...
Old 06-22-09, 09:43 AM
DVC45

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/bik/1233717699.html

Dashing Small Frame Trek 420 18-Speed Blue Touring Bike (Westmont)

Reply to: sale-k9qy4-1233717699@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-22, 10:31AM CDT

This is what many of you have been waiting for…a deluxe lightweight classic Trek Touring bike in a compact 19-1/2” frame that’s perfect for adult guys and gals and even for teenagers who don’t need or want a bigger one. (Its standover height measured from the horizontal tube to the ground is only 29-1/2”.) With 18 speeds at your disposal, you’ll always have the right one to match your speed and preferred pedaling rate. So you can fly like the wind with minimum effort all around town on this extraordinarily versatile Trek 420. You might use it to commute daily to and from work, participate in races or bike-a-thons, or just enjoy it recreationally to enjoy the outdoors and make new acquaintances. You’ll especially appreciate its vast array of deluxe features. Take its frame for example – handcrafted from lightweight double-butted “Magnaloy 2001” (a high performance magnesium alloy) that delivers strength and performance like frames that today cost two or more times my price for this entire bike! Or consider its 165 mm alloy crankset that has a very scare and highly sought after TRIPLE gear rings that show no signs of wear whatever! Trek cranksets with TRIPLE gear rings were discontinued years ago, and remain very popular because they multiply your available gear speeds by three instead of just two that the current Trek DOUBLE gear ring cranksets all have. Which means you could take this bike apart and sell the parts for way more than you paid for it! The TRIPLE crankset alone could easily bring $60-$75. Or how about the rear carrier? For most bikes they’re an afterthought. But Trek had them custom made to exactly match each frame size. So they’re bolted directly to the frame, are much stronger, and can support more weight you want to carry. Although the frame is small, this bike features full-size 27” wheels that ride noticeably smoother and more comfortably than the 700 series ones you’ll find on new bikes. This bike also features loads of strong alloy components including: handlebars, seat tube, shifters, quick-release brakes, pedals with toe-clips, wheel rims and hubs, etc. that make it remarkably lightweight and easy to ride and carry upstairs. It has an Avocet Condor Seat for excellent comfort on long rides. You also get brand new inner tubes and the handlebars have been freshly and professionally wound in classy comfortable white wrap. I could go on and on, but if what I said so far describes what you’re looking for, you better act fast because there are a lot of folks reading this ad who have been looking a long time for a bike this very scarce size that’s this nice! If you want it, give me a call at 630-290-2092, and you can make it yours for only $169. Over they many years you’ll enjoy it, that’s just pennies a day. Sorry, no delivery available. Cash & carry only.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Another nominee for the great sales ad of the year.
Old 06-22-09, 09:43 AM
ilmaestro
Coaster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone posted a nice looking 80s Celeste Bianchi with Campy parts on Sacramento Craigslist yesterday for $40. I was pretty sure it was a joke from the way the ad was written, but I e-mailed anyways saying I'd take it. I caught the ad 10 minutes after it was posted so I thought I was good.

This morning I got a response - the person said it was sold. Someone got one hell of a deal - anyone here?

Last edited by ilmaestro; 06-22-09 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-22-09, 10:48 AM
BOBSONATOR
Klaus Pierre-Action Star

Bikes: 86' Samurai Shogun

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
you should have offered twice the asking price. still one hell of a deal
Old 06-22-09, 10:49 AM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
This one is interesting if someone is looking for a large bike...

I may put in a snipe bid and get it for parts and keep the frame around to offer cheaply in case someone searches out a large frame. If someone wants it, let me know via pm and I will hold off on bidding, since I am only interested in it as a parts bike.

https://cgi.ebay.com/RACING-BIKE-PERF...%3A1|294%3A200
Old 06-22-09, 11:04 AM
Tigerprawn
Pug lover! Dogs and bikes

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 23skidoo
This one makes me really homesick for my old neighborhood in the city...
I'm about an hour caltrain ride away, but no shorty riders I know like red bikes... If it was 54-56cm I would have called in sick to work today and a post would already be made about how I love my new Marinoni
Old 06-22-09, 12:21 PM
ilmaestro
Coaster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BOBSONATOR
you should have offered twice the asking price. still one hell of a deal
i know. i'm kicking myself for not getting that. he probably just responded to whatever e-mail was at the top of his inbox, which wouldn't have been whoever was first. ARG!
Old 06-22-09, 01:09 PM
bibliobob

Bikes: '53/'54 Bianchi CDM, '62ish Altenburger Cinelli Mod B, '69 Rene Herse Competition, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '73-74 Colnago Super,, '73-74 Cinelli SC, '78ish counterfeit Confente, '82 Medici Gran Turismo, '67ish Mondia Speciale, Eddy Merckx Pro

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 257 Times in 87 Posts
This is being sold by one our fellow BF members. I've seen it in real life, and it's in perfect condition.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bik/1233972084.html

1972 Motobecane Le Champion 57cm, fully restored, Campy, Stronglight - $650 (Logan Square)
Reply to: sale-wcxqz-1233972084@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-22, 12:27PM CDT

Up for your consideration is a fully restored 1972 Motobecane Le Champion. It has been resprayed in stunning Team Bic orange by CyclArt in California to resemble Luis Ocaña's winning bike from the 1973 Tour de France.

Frame specs: Full Reynolds 531 db throughout, 57cm seat tube c-c, 55cm c-c top tube.
Cranks: polished Stronglight 93s.
Pedals: Lyotard with Christophe clips and leather straps
Seatpost: Simplex
Front and rear derailleurs, shifters and shifter cable guide: Campagnolo Nuovo Record (Patent 72 on the rear).
Bars/stem: 3TTT with new Tressostar black cotton tape
Headset: Stronglight competition
Wheelset: hand polished Rigida 700c with polished Campagnolo record hubs (with oil port), stainless spokes, Campagnolo curved skewers
Brakes: Universal 61 with Universal levers and new rubber hoods
Saddle: Ideal 80, wonderful patina, very supple and comfortable

This is an extremely comfortable bike for long rides and has been expertly built and tuned. It literally needs nothing.

I will sell it for $600 without the saddle if you prefer.

No shipping, checks, Paypal, etc. Cash only.

More hi-res pictures here: https://s378.photobucket.com/albums/o...mpion/?start=0
Old 06-22-09, 02:25 PM
notfrench

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^ absolutely gorgeous..

Vintage Motobecane Grand Jubile - $250 (West Hollywood)

"This is a 1976 or thereabouts Motobecane Grand Jubile. It's in really nice shape, some scratches and chips on the paint but other than that the frame is great. Reynolds 531 steel (bit better than the Vitus years).

The components are period but not original. It appears the original owner switched to a Suntour Cyclone-based drivetrain from the original Huret. The shifters were broken when I got it so I put some vintage Shimano downtube shifters on it. As you can see I also replaced the jockey wheels and pivot bolt on the rear derailluer. The SR crankset and the rear freewheel are in fantastic shape. The Weinmann brakes are original. Handlebar is the original Pivo, stem is a nice Nitto Technomic. Wheels are original Normandy hubs laced to Rigida rims. Seatpost is new, chain, tires, brake pads and all cables and cable housings are new as well.

I refurbished this completely. Bike was stripped down to the frame, everything was cleaned, bb, hubs, headset were repacked with new grease, I also flushed out the freewheel and got some new oil in there, cables and housings are new... it's all good.

If you have any questions please ask."

Old 06-22-09, 04:15 PM
P4D 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by notfrench
^ absolutely gorgeous..

Vintage Motobecane Grand Jubile - $250 (West Hollywood)

"This is a 1976 or thereabouts Motobecane Grand Jubile. It's in really nice shape, some scratches and chips on the paint but other than that the frame is great. Reynolds 531 steel (bit better than the Vitus years).

I wrote and asked, and its 59cm seat tube, 59cm top tube, 57cm standover. I'm 6'4", thinking this might be too small for me, and maybe not the best "first bike" as I am looking for something to get started on.
Old 06-22-09, 04:27 PM
notfrench

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexw
I wrote and asked, and its 59cm seat tube, 59cm top tube, 57cm standover. I'm 6'4", thinking this might be too small for me, and maybe not the best "first bike" as I am looking for something to get started on.
For $250, I'd endure the LA traffic and test ride it.
Old 06-22-09, 04:52 PM
P4D 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by notfrench
For $250, I'd endure the LA traffic and test ride it.
Yeah. The unfortunate part is the bike is a bit beyond my budget. With all that work, hard to think the price is very flexible. I suppose you never know, but it's a long way for what could be nothing. I need to keep saving pennies so I can get the bike budget up.
Old 06-22-09, 05:12 PM
Grand Bois

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 25 Posts
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180370596278

Old 06-22-09, 05:59 PM
miamijim

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts

+1

Old 06-22-09, 05:59 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,469 Times in 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by Guvna
Schwinn Prelude -[1990] 58cm double-butted Columbus tube frame, Shimano 600 & DuraAce components, Mavic wheels, Look pedals. good working condition, paint is scratched & chipped. $100 or best offer.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/1207350820.html
Guvna, thank you! I just picked it up! And I got away for only $80.

The paint is badly chipped, and the components are badly scratched. Everything is in good working order except for the front rim, which has a bad flat spot. I plan to refurbish this and resell it. If I remember right, Columbus Tenex tubing is nice but not super high end. Is that right?

I rode it up and down the block. Seems very nice.

So I guess I'm on my way into the bike flipping business. I really appreciate this thread!

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 06-22-09, 06:28 PM
CrankyFranky
Procrastinateur supreme

Bikes: Enough bikes...for today!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
What a nice build! Lucky Mom.
Old 06-22-09, 06:48 PM
knoregs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider

So I guess I'm on my way into the bike flipping business. I really appreciate this thread!
Nice score Tom. I guess it explains why the guy didn't reply to my email.
Old 06-22-09, 07:04 PM
cycleheimer

Bikes: '02 Litespeed, '99 Bianchi Alfana. '91 Fuji Saratoga, '84 Peugeot Canyon Express, '82 Moto GR, '81 Fuji America, '81 Fuji Royale; '78 Bridgestone Diamond Touring, '76 Fuji America, plus many more!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 127 Posts
Free parts & tires on Baltimore, MD Craig's List...

Free bicycles parts (Aberdeen, MD)

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/bik/1233765920.html

Reply to: sale-hp5j4-1233765920@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-22, 11:55AM EDT

Take all at one shot, wheels 27, 27. 20 inch, one pieace cranks, forks, kick stands, tires, must take all and comes with wooden box. So you must have a small truck.
call now at cell 443-567-9808
Mitch
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Old 06-23-09, 09:51 AM
DVC45

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
RALEIGH GRAND PRIX 20-30 CARBON ROAD BIKE - $250 (west bloomfield)

Reply to: sale-vajem-1233200213@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-22, 12:03AM EDT

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/bik/1233200213.html

This bike is in AMAZING condition, no rust, everything works great, wheels true, tires in great condition, barely used
Frame is 20-30 carbon steel..
height for those ~5'8-6'3
Tires will be the front tire on both front and back
quick release tires
more details seen on the catalog page https://www.jaysmarine.com/TH_Raleigh_Cat_78_9.html
email with any questions...bike is ready to ride
cash only please

Old 06-23-09, 10:09 AM
stausty

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd say overpriced by at least $100 - and I just sold an upgraded Grand Prix for $200.

Originally Posted by DVC45
RALEIGH GRAND PRIX 20-30 CARBON ROAD BIKE - $250 (west bloomfield)

Reply to: sale-vajem-1233200213@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-22, 12:03AM EDT

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/bik/1233200213.html

This bike is in AMAZING condition, no rust, everything works great, wheels true, tires in great condition, barely used
Frame is 20-30 carbon steel..
height for those ~5'8-6'3
Tires will be the front tire on both front and back
quick release tires
more details seen on the catalog page https://www.jaysmarine.com/TH_Raleigh_Cat_78_9.html
email with any questions...bike is ready to ride
cash only please

Old 06-23-09, 10:29 AM
FZ1Tom
creaky old bones

Bikes: Trek 7200

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by noglider

The paint is badly chipped, and the components are badly scratched. Everything is in good working order except for the front rim, which has a bad flat spot. I plan to refurbish this and resell it. If I remember right, Columbus Tenex tubing is nice but not super high end. Is that right?

I rode it up and down the block. Seems very nice.

Dang, and to think I was gonna see about sending an email! 58cm may be a wee bit on the big side for me though.

I've been looking on this thread - it seems you have to be ready and able to act literally in seconds, seems like!

I tell myself, patience, young grasshopper....

Tom
Old 06-23-09, 10:42 AM
Marrock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FZ1Tom
Dang, and to think I was gonna see about sending an email! 58cm may be a wee bit on the big side for me though.

I've been looking on this thread - it seems you have to be ready and able to act literally in seconds, seems like!

I tell myself, patience, young grasshopper....

Tom
You snooze you lose, welcome to the wonderful world of Craigslist.
Old 06-23-09, 11:08 AM
knoregs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pink Schwinn...

Schwinn Prelude Columbus tubing 64cm 25" - $200 (free delivery)
Old 06-23-09, 12:20 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7348 Post(s)
Liked 2,469 Times in 1,435 Posts
FZ1Tom, you're in Springfield? I'm in Maplewood.

Do you want to buy the bike off me? I'm not attached to it.

And hey, look at that pink one that knoregs just posted. It's twice as much money, but it's in much better shape and worth the asking price. I love the color, too. But note the large size.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 06-23-09, 12:22 PM
Bikingfool
Mastering the Art of Life

Bikes: 81' Peugeot PXN-10 Super Competition, 83 Dave Moulton/John Howard, 02 Cinelli SuperCorsa, 04 Serotta Legend Ti ST

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
70's Ganna

If someone needs a bike like this, let me know and I'll take a look for you.

1970's 10 speed, 27 inch wheels, old low end campy shifters and derailleurs, NOT Reynolds or Columbus, material not known. Great for a fixed gear Nice frame about a 58cm chrome lugs need gone today. I have a seat for it just not pictured, older Avocet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Ganna 1.jpg (9.3 KB, 13 views)
ganna 2.jpg (7.8 KB, 13 views)
Ganna 3.jpg (6.9 KB, 12 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.