Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

83-84 Fisher Montare MountainBikes Decals

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-23, 08:00 AM
TXtea

Bikes: '84 Avanti Apex, '84 Fisher Montare MountainBike, '85 Cannondale SM600, '85 GT Timberline, '85 Maruishi Mount Ace 18, '87 Scott Boulder, '90 Trek 970, '93 Litespeed Ocoee, '96 Bontrager Privateer, '96 ProFlex 856, '98 Kona Kula, 2012 Jamis Dakar AMT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Hey folks! I'm looking for a little help, I've got an 84 Fisher Montare MountainBike that has no decals and I want some. Velocals had them, but they have since closed up shop. So I'm wondering if anyone out there has a bike or set of decals that I could get some measurements from. I've got a guy that is willing to make some decals, just don't have exact sizes, so your help is greatly appreciated. I'm too new to be able to post up examples of the decals I need, but feel free to post a photo and we can go from there.

Or if you know where I can get a set of decals, that works too. Thanks for the help and happy trails!
Old 01-18-23, 04:11 PM
balindamood
Wrench Savant

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 38 Posts
I have one on the stand right now. I get home at the end of the week and let me know specifically what you want measured.
Likes For balindamood:
Old 01-18-23, 04:33 PM
TXtea

Bikes: '84 Avanti Apex, '84 Fisher Montare MountainBike, '85 Cannondale SM600, '85 GT Timberline, '85 Maruishi Mount Ace 18, '87 Scott Boulder, '90 Trek 970, '93 Litespeed Ocoee, '96 Bontrager Privateer, '96 ProFlex 856, '98 Kona Kula, 2012 Jamis Dakar AMT

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
balindamood That is great to hear! If I could get a photo of each decal (headtube, downtube, seattube, and possibly a signature on the non-drive side chainstay) and the measurements (LxH) of each one in mm I think that should work. I was able to pull images of the decals from google, but the sizing was a little hard to determine. Had to do some maths using photos from a Montare that sold on eBay last month to get them and I'm not sure how accurate I was. Ha!
Old 01-22-23, 09:54 PM
balindamood
Wrench Savant

There are only 3 decals on the frame I have. I bought it about 15 years ago, but have no back story other than the frame was original except for the saddle.

The downtube sticker printing (I did not measure to the end of the decal, only the edge of the printing as that seems more useful) is 206 mm long, by 31 mm high (the bottom of the line to the peak of the "M's)
The head badge I took 3 pictures of because it is too big to see from one shot. it is 70mm in diameter.
The only other decal is the "Made in Japan" one on the seat tube near the BB.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Old 01-23-23, 01:59 PM
TXtea

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
balindamood These are great! Thank you so much! Out of curiosity what is your SN? I saw another 84 that was several SNs higher than mine that had open Ms and a some contrasting colors, so I'm trying to determine which style would be more accurate since I don't have any on mine. Also, since this is my 10th post I'll try to post some photos of my bike. I would love to see your entire bike too, if you want to post it up. Thanks again.
Old 01-23-23, 11:14 PM
balindamood
Wrench Savant

3L01995.

What is yours?
Old 01-24-23, 09:06 AM
TXtea

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
OK, mine is 4H00208. And here is the basket case minus the front wheel, crank, and BB. It's pretty solid and came with a MountainBikes branded bullmoose, full M700 XT drivetrain/brakes (minus rear derailleur, but I have a replacement for that), a sweet Sugino Maxy BB-SC bottom bracket, Suntour XC Pro seatpost, Suntour XC Pro hubs, and Araya RM-20 rims. I got the Terra T-1s for it cause it needed some vintage style tires.