Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bikes similar to 2001 Specialized Sirrus Comp?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 02:14 PM
Liface

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've owned 15+ bikes over my life, but this was the best I've ever owned: a 2001 Specialized Sirrus Comp that had been sitting in storage for over ten years. I picked it up used, but in like new condition at a bike shop for $275.

Last week, thieves hopped the locked fence to my house and brute forced a Kryptonite Series 2 U-lock in broad daylight to steal it.

Although I know it can never be replaced, as finding another Sirrus Comp from this year is extremely rare, what other models can I look for? I'm looking for:
  • Light (going to have to store it inside now, which means bringing it up and down a narrow set of stairs)
  • Narrow-ish handlebars and fairly upright ride (not a road bike per sé)
  • Fast (this thing was incredibly fast, I zoomed everywhere on flat terrain)
  • Available used (not going to buy anything that looks remotely new, I learned my lesson, what I miss about this bike was how it rode)
I've tried looking at newer Sirrus models but I'm not quite liking the look of the newer ones and there aren't too many listed on craigslist in my area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sirrus800.jpg (94.8 KB, 53 views)
Old 03-31-15, 06:06 PM
Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
You may want to post a request in the ISO thread of Classic & Vintage. There could be someone there who has one.

Also, try a national Craigslist search. If Specialized is like many manufacturers, the Sirrus bikes will be similar except for components, and those can be switched. I notice some Sirrus bikes (Sport and Elites for sure) depending on where you live, you might be able to find something local.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 03-31-15, 07:33 PM
Liface

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks, I posted there.

To be honest, I don't need the exact same bike. I'm looking for manufacturers and models that make something like it. Any suggestions?