Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Pump says 90 psi

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-23, 09:01 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,646 Times in 2,924 Posts
How did pumps enter the conversation again? I thought this was all about post counts and caring (actually the opposite of caring).

Likes For rsbob:
Old 07-14-23, 11:15 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
How did pumps enter the conversation again? I thought this was all about post counts and caring (actually the opposite of caring).
.. and mods not doing anything...
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Likes For Siu Blue Wind:
Old 07-15-23, 09:10 AM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2585 Post(s)
Liked 5,646 Times in 2,924 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
.. and mods not doing anything...
Homey dont play dat!

Old 07-15-23, 09:19 AM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,364 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
How did pumps enter the conversation again?
This thread was never really about pumps. Talking about pumps is no more relevant than the other stuff.
Old 07-15-23, 09:51 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11974 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Originally Posted by njkayaker
This thread was never really about pumps. Talking about pumps is no more relevant than the other stuff.
Pretty sure It’s about pumps. If you want to talk about something else start your own thread and stop hijacking this one.
Old 07-15-23, 10:06 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,479 Times in 1,836 Posts
It's a @LarrySellerz thread. As such, it is never about the actual content of any of Mr. Sellerz' posts, but the complex history and ongoing relationship so many of us have with his posts, and posts about his posts, and so forth.

They guy says he writes technical and/or engineering papers
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
... I do good amount of engineering/designing and procedure writing, even if a lot of it is shoddy work.
yet he is unable to .... bah ... There is simply no way any of this stands up to logic even for a moment. That is the beauty of Mr. Sellerz' input .... As computer techs used to say, "GiGo" ... "Garbage in, Garbage out." While I wouldn't label Mr. Sellerz' efforts as garbage by any means .... I don't think honestly, accuracy, or logic show up in most of what he writes except indirectly ... because he does such a good job of posting such wildly .... um .... intricate fabrication?

The guy is a rare treat .... and the fact that so many people still think that Anything he posts has Any connection or any reality outside of Bike Forums is ludicrous and amusing ... but we all come here and act like clowns to some degree, and I think it is only fit that we occasionally express our appreciation for our fellow posters.

These threads, even muted versions like this one .... offer a rich array of comedic options, and it is interesting and amusing to see which posters explore which paths.

I mean ... I hate to read @LarrySellerz" threads .... until they have ripened for a few days .... and then they are a real treat. He gets more responses from more posters than about any serious thread here, and he stirs more emotion ... so let's be grateful.
Likes For Maelochs:
Old 07-16-23, 06:03 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,868 Times in 3,013 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
It's a @LarrySellerz thread. As such, it is never about the actual content of any of Mr. Sellerz' posts, but the complex history and ongoing relationship so many of us have with his posts, and posts about his posts, and so forth.

They guy says he writes technical and/or engineering papers yet he is unable to .... bah ... There is simply no way any of this stands up to logic even for a moment. That is the beauty of Mr. Sellerz' input .... As computer techs used to say, "GiGo" ... "Garbage in, Garbage out." While I wouldn't label Mr. Sellerz' efforts as garbage by any means .... I don't think honestly, accuracy, or logic show up in most of what he writes except indirectly ... because he does such a good job of posting such wildly .... um .... intricate fabrication?

The guy is a rare treat .... and the fact that so many people still think that Anything he posts has Any connection or any reality outside of Bike Forums is ludicrous and amusing ... but we all come here and act like clowns to some degree, and I think it is only fit that we occasionally express our appreciation for our fellow posters.

These threads, even muted versions like this one .... offer a rich array of comedic options, and it is interesting and amusing to see which posters explore which paths.

I mean ... I hate to read @LarrySellerz" threads .... until they have ripened for a few days .... and then they are a real treat. He gets more responses from more posters than about any serious thread here, and he stirs more emotion ... so let's be grateful.
I agree. It’s the same reason we enjoy clowns at the circus. They are not meant to be taken seriously. Just like a thread about a pump fixed at 90 psi as a universal recommendation!

Post #15 had me in stitches. A class retort to a serious post questioning his reasoning.

Last edited by PeteHski; 07-16-23 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-16-23, 06:55 AM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
I agree. It’s the same reason we enjoy clowns at the circus. They are not meant to be taken seriously. Just like a thread about a pump fixed at 90 psi as a universal recommendation!

Post #15 had me in stitches. A class retort to a serious post questioning his reasoning.
Larry's threads ropes in and culls the halfwits from the dimwits. Like all good humor, his posts have a touch of truth sprinkled in there somewhere. Frankly, I often get a laugh from them and that ain't such a bad thing.
Old 07-16-23, 05:08 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 744 Posts
I'm about to get a full time position and they are trying to make one for me, and the one engineering associate was brought up as a possibility. The guy who hired me got promoted to upper lab management, and my father is also a group lead, so I am worried that there will be a sense that I was just given the job because of nepotism and people might hate. My partner who started as a tech (after going to college and getting a degree in welding technology, I have no degree) didn't get this role until 20 years after he started. He told me life isn't fair, and sometimes its not what you know but who you know. Also because of my partner, I do good amount of engineering/designing and procedure writing, even if a lot of it is shoddy work. So yeah I'm not sure of what path I'm going to take. I need a full time position or my part time contract runs out and I can only get paid for another 300 hours.

Just be careful and not sell yourself short, Larry. It might be a good opportunity, one you are actually ready for.
Old 07-17-23, 06:45 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
They guy says he writes technical and/or engineering papers yet he is unable to .... bah ... There is simply no way any of this stands up to logic even for a moment.
Hey I am legit, look at this proposal for a check valve that I designed, they ended up using it and it works. Bro you don't always need to do math to engineer stuff, and sometimes thinking outside of the box is useful.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Drawing-2.pdf (301.4 KB, 23 views)
Likes For LarrySellerz:
Old 07-17-23, 08:00 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,098 Times in 3,833 Posts
Hey I am legit, look at this proposal for a check valve that I designed, they ended up using it and it works. Bro you don't always need to do math to engineer stuff, and sometimes thinking outside of the box is useful.
A ball check valve is not a new concept. We’ve been using them for decades.
Old 07-17-23, 08:21 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by Eric F
A ball check valve is not a new concept. We’ve been using them for decades.
Yeah I was watching this vid after I was finished making it
and at 3:30 they totally got my idea. Mine is for UHP argon gas though not fluid so its a lot harder to keep it from leaking, vacuum sucks. I found this absolute unit of a pressure gauge in a semi abandoned building, like 24 inch diameter, but there is a crack. Thinking about trying to make a bike pump with it

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 07-17-23 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-18-23, 04:27 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10439 Post(s)
Liked 11,913 Times in 6,101 Posts
Yeah I was watching this vid after I was finished making it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNml3LO7m8I and at 3:30 they totally got my idea. Mine is for UHP argon gas though not fluid so its a lot harder to keep it from leaking, vacuum sucks. I found this absolute unit of a pressure gauge in a semi abandoned building, like 24 inch diameter, but there is a crack. Thinking about trying to make a bike pump with it
(Please, let it be a frame pump. Please let it be a frame pump...)

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 07-18-23, 04:48 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by genejockey
(Please, let it be a frame pump. Please let it be a frame pump...)
woah, that’s a wild idea. It would look sick (like a third wheel or a massive chainring) but would have to be a small profile
Old 07-18-23, 04:56 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Quoted: 3956 Post(s)
Liked 7,304 Times in 2,949 Posts
That's nothin' bro. I designed an airplane without math and engineering stuff:

Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 07-18-23, 04:58 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3514 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,776 Posts
Seems airworthy.
Old 07-18-23, 06:04 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 2,058 Posts
7:43

​​​​​​
Old 07-18-23, 06:11 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 2,058 Posts
​​​​​​https://www.valmatic.com/products/air-valves
Likes For dedhed:
Old 07-19-23, 04:17 PM
wheelreason

Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 634 Times in 374 Posts
Originally Posted by larrysellerz
hey i am legit, look at this proposal for a check valve that i designed, they ended up using it and it works. Bro you don't always need to do math to engineer stuff, and sometimes thinking outside of the box is useful.
lmao.