Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Increase etrike top speed to 15mph

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-23, 05:04 PM
cisweet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I originally posted this under general discussion but thought it might be the wrong place. A few days ago I purchased a izip tristar go trike. I love it except for the speed. It will only allow me to go to 12 mph. I was originally told it could go to 15mph and all the trikes I researched could go at least that. I understand about corner stability and all that. I’ve ridden them before. This trike is fairly low to the ground with a 24in wheel in front and 20in wheels in back so it already is a very stable bike. I’m wondering if anyone knows how to change the top speed to 15mph? I found a bunch of override instructions out there but none for this particular display..Tranzx dp-16 with a m25 motor. Any ideas?

thanks, Cindi
Old 06-05-23, 05:30 PM
ARider2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Get going 12 MPH and then shift to the highest gear and mash the pedals then keep pushing hard and you’ll increase the speed to 15 MPH.
Old 06-05-23, 05:35 PM
cisweet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ARider2
Get going 12 MPH and then shift to the highest gear and mash the pedals then keep pushing hard and you’ll increase the speed to 15 MPH.
It will not budge past 12mph. I had my husband try and my beefy muscular brother in law. Just does not budge. Strange….
Old 06-05-23, 05:39 PM
ARider2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
The speed is limited to 12 MPH for safety reasons. While it is fine to go a little faster than that it should only be done on straightaways when it is not likely you will have to turn quickly as a trike will tip easily during an evasive maneuver.
Old 06-05-23, 07:11 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
cisweet ask the moderator to merge your two threads here. It is not good ettiequte to run the same thread in different sub-forums.
Old 06-06-23, 12:36 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
I would contact the manufacturer for that info. However, on many e-systems, the display is oriented in a manner where you can access the menu by depressing the + & - PAS buttons simultaneously, then changing the settings. If the bike has a 48V system as reported online, it should easily achieve 15 mph. I think the lawyers determined your current settings.
Old 06-10-23, 09:56 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't believe that e-bike systems are yet to the point where they can prevent the programmed top speed from being exceeded. It is possible that the speedometer does not register speeds faster than the programmed limit but the o.p.'s beefy relations should be able to propel the trike past a 12mph programmed limit. As for overriding the software, the procedure for a similar system might work.