Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

2021 fx sport 4 vs 2022 sirrus 4.0 x vs 2022 fx sport

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-23, 09:04 PM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

I currently own the fx 3 but I am planning on selling it to get something more different , and slightly more upright ( higher stack)
I tried the fx sport 4 (2021 ) it was like my fx 3 but more comfortable due to higher stack (61.1 vs 58.7 of my fx3 ) loved it.
the 2022 fx sport 4 vs nice but it felt like very upright , little too much. Like a 90s mountain bike.
2022 sirrus 4.0 x was awesome , nice geometry , not upright as 2022 fx sport , but not as racey like fx sport 4 (2021) and quite playful. but my concern is about the future shock being problematic .
what would you get ? I plan on riding these 99 percent pavement !
Old 06-06-23, 01:24 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 1,013 Posts
I don't understand the Future Shock in those bikes. Just adds a bunch of weight and future problems for a slight bit of less buzz. You can get a carbon bar or even one of the RedShift Stems versus shoving all that crap in your headset.

My FX does not sit up all that much, not as aero as my road bikes, but you can always slam your stem if you want to get a little more aero, but these bikes are not typically built for a rider looking for Aero, they are generally slower pace riders looking for short rides.

Old 06-07-23, 07:55 AM
Awesomeguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
I don't understand the Future Shock in those bikes. Just adds a bunch of weight and future problems for a slight bit of less buzz. You can get a carbon bar or even one of the RedShift Stems versus shoving all that crap in your headset.

My FX does not sit up all that much, not as aero as my road bikes, but you can always slam your stem if you want to get a little more aero, but these bikes are not typically built for a rider looking for Aero, they are generally slower pace riders looking for short rides.
The thing is, from what i remember trying the bikes, the sirrus 4.0x , the geometry was really really nice, like it felt like a bike you could toss around even though i ride like an old man, and ride reasonably well, fast. The 2021 fx sport 4 carbon was really smooth, just a little higher stack, and smoother and better shifting, but it was quite like my fx3, but slightly more comfortable.
If it weren't for the future shock, which i don't even need, i would get the 4.0x

I'm leaning more towards the sirrus 4.0 x, since i decided not to sell my fx 3.0... even though I always wanted the fx sport carbon for a long time.... on the other hand 2021 fx sport carbon is same price as it has been discounted, still thinking about it, hope i don't regret my decision.